Search results

1. Pretorious

Reconsidering changes to my setup

After a flood wiped out my basement where my listening area is, I no longer am thinking or having to downsize based on a previous thread of mine. Now here I am, months later, with a refurnished basement and slightly more options. I am still quite limited in positioning because I am not going to...
  2. Pretorious

Thoughts on Downsizing and Convenience

Due to "life events" I may have to reduce the footprint and amount of gear that I have. Currently I have of a pair of Revel M16s that sound fantastic and are serving me well. Unfortunately, I will have to replace these with something that takes up less space. I'm looking into higher end...
  3. Pretorious

Recommendation for ANC Headphones

It is my understanding that ANC works better at nullifying low, persistent sound than quick noises like speech. I work from home but have to deal with family, so I am wondering if there is a pair of ANC headphones that would do the job at blocking out the sound of a TV, and/or the sound of two...
  4. Pretorious

Why Open Headphones?

I hope the title of this thread will not indicate that this is the usual subjective competition between two headphone designs. Rather, this is purely a question of technical interest in the design of open headphones. I find it difficult to find actual information on the history of open...
  5. Pretorious

Bilson/Gardiner's Mozart's Piano Concertos and Recording Quality

This is a topic that has been on my mind for a long, long time. Too long, in fact. Hopefully, you kind people of this forum will finally put an end to my equivocation about this recording. The performances by both Malcolm Bilson and John Eliot Gardiner are superb; of that there is no question...
Top Bottom