Search results

1. S

Looking for cheap wireless IEMs.

Hello, so I'm looking for a pair of cheap wireless IEMs that will mostly be plugged into my smartphone. I'm not sure what the price range usually is for those things, but below €50 would be perfect. Also, I live in Europe (France) and I'd like to avoid importing from Aliexpress or Drop as...
  2. S

Built-In Audio vs USB DAC / Audio Interface (by Julian Krause)

This is a very interesting video and thought that it might interest some people. The biggest surprise, at least to me, is that there seems to be no clear choice when it comes to connecting the headphone to the frond or the rear of the PC. I've always thought that the front output was super bad...
  3. S

If a higher volume sounds better, why do headphones still have a high impedance?

I was wondering, if the goal is (was) to sound louder, why do manufacturers still use high impedance headphones? Wouldn't it be smarter to aim for a very low impedance in order to make us think that their product sounds better? I know that most headphones do have a lower impedance nowadays, but...
  4. S

AKG K612. Has the faulty batch been fixed?

Apparently this pair is known to have problems on the left side, where there is literally no sound after a couple of weeks. Does anyone know if it's been fixed? I can get them used for 75€, but I'm a bit scared since there seems to have tons of problems with those.
  5. S

Question about treble.

According to the measurements below, the HD 58X should be the headphones with the least piercing highs. But when listening to these 3 headphones they are the ones I need to EQ the most (more drastic values that is). I've read quite a few times the word "smoothness" when referring to trebles...
  6. S

What are trained listeners actually listening to/for during an ABX blind test?

We've all tried to see if we could tell the difference between a lossless file and a lossy one and I was wondering (since I personally can't), what are we supposed to listen to/for? What does being a trained listener actually mean? For those who are able to tell the difference, where to do you...
  7. S

L30 alternative (Europe)?

Since my L30 is on its way back to Amazon, I'm looking for an alternative. Products I'm already aware of in the same price range: JDS Atom (US Import) Schiit Magni & Heresy (US Import) Liquid Spark (Available in Europe and seems to be the best alternative) Zen Dac (Not the best measurements I...
  8. S

DAC with a headphone output.

I hope this is the correct place to ask. Current setup: Headphones: HD 58x DAC: Focusrite 2i4 1st gen. Amp: L30 (I'm in Europe if that can help) My goal is to only plug the Focusrite when I open up my DAW, so I'm looking for a new DAC. I would also like to preserve the amp since I need to have...
Top Bottom