Search results

1. S

New PC build for audio and video

Don't trust cpubenchmark, it's notoriously known to be inaccurate to say the least. I'd rather use TechPowerUp, GamersNexus or HardwareUnboxed.
  2. S

New PC build for audio and video

Depends on the kind of CPU you're looking for. Generally speaking, both AMD & Intel are about the same, though, the X3D ones are pretty insane. Also, make sure your DAW supports e/p cores if you go Intel, Cubase used to struggle with those for example.
  3. S

Aliexpress appreciation thread

I just apply a rule of thumb, anything above $30 is a no go. So far so good.
  4. S

PC Help - AMD Ryzen 5600G

That's how it's supposed to be done yeah. Always update the BIOS before installing the CPU.
  5. S

Topping's new audio interface "E2X2" quick preview.

I didn't say all users, but many. The M2/M4 are notoriously known to have issues on Windows (especially on AMD hardware).
  6. S

Topping's new audio interface "E2X2" quick preview.

Let's not pretend that Focusrite's drivers are good either. Same for MOTU's, it's barely useable on Windows for many users. Topping could become an important factor if they don't mess up.
  7. S

Is the HD 599 more detailed than the AKG K612 Pro and the K702?

That's how Oratory's settings look like in case that helps:
  8. S

Foobar2000 installation guidance in 2023

You can select the custom installation. Worst case scenario, you can still change after the install.
  9. S

Foobar2000 installation guidance in 2023

- Some skins accept the portable version, but not all. Some will ask you to put files in both appdata and in the main folder. - Deviantart or Github for skins. - ColumnsUI for the most important component, but it usually comes with the skin itself. - No conflict with DAWs. I use foobar with APO...
  10. S

Recommend 3 Open Back Headphones To Audition

For voices and in that price range, the HD600/650/58X, etc are hard to beat. Not the most comfortable headphones though.
  11. S

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

Looks promising. Will have to see how stable it is and how good their drivers are. Everything else barely matters in the world of audio interfaces since they're all capable of recording the next grammy awards anyway.
  12. S

(MOTU or Audient) Audio Interface Dilemma

Something that might help choosing between the two is that I'd avoid MOTU on PC, especially on AMD hardware. I've seen too many people struggling with MOTU on PC to recommend it. On MAC, great, on PC, it's hit or miss.
  13. S

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

I have and it was already selected. I reinstalled it several times, no success. I even tried with an older version of APO, same result. I did select both of these options, nothing's changed. Is there really no alternative that would allow me to use Oratory's EQs? Edit: Found what caused the...
  14. S

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

APO doesn't seem to work since I reinstalled Windows 11, even when using SFX/MFX/EFX, nothing seems to work. Would installing Realtek help? In case it wouldn't, I was wondering which alternative would you guys recommend among the EQs listed on the first post?
  15. S

Metallica 72 Seasons (Death Magnetic II ???)

That's probably the best sentence to summarise what's wrong with this album, and I'm not talking about the drums.
  16. S

Looking for cheap wireless IEMs.

Not the first time I see this brand being recommended. I'll definitely check these out.
  17. S

Newbie finding a headphone for tarkov + in general

One should mention that sound in Tarkov, Counter-Strike, you name it, is broken. Having something better than a 560S won't help you. IEMs are good for games but having something in your ears for 5 or 6 hours straight isn't the greatest feeling. Also, the problem with a compressor in those kind...
  18. S

Looking for cheap wireless IEMs.

Hello, so I'm looking for a pair of cheap wireless IEMs that will mostly be plugged into my smartphone. I'm not sure what the price range usually is for those things, but below €50 would be perfect. Also, I live in Europe (France) and I'd like to avoid importing from Aliexpress or Drop as...
  19. S

Newbie finding a headphone for tarkov + in general

The 560S is a good recommendation. I used to play CS, Quake, etc a lot and the main thing you want for games is a decent soundstage. Hearing fatigue is easy to get with headphones with a narrow soundstage, so I'd also say the 560S is the obvious and best choice.
Top Bottom