Search results

1. Feelas

Experiment proposition: presence of cross-ear sound in open-backed headphones

The idea is pretty short I would like to propose an experiment, which would enlighten us on something I've been wondering for a while now. Maybe somebody has already bumped on scientific papers testing this one out? I don't have in-ear microphones available to run this myself. One would wear...
  2. Feelas

Studio standards back in the 70's - 80's period

Quick stab at the topic: did anyone encounter publications detailing what the studios of 70's/80's were tuned to? Seemingly all the records I encounter from the period, assume a fairly decent bass boost presence; of course, unless one faces a remaster. It'd be interesting to see some actual room...
  3. Feelas

Anti-rumble filter on 4" speakers?

Hey there, I'm in the process of EQ-ing Mackie CR4X-BTs (I feel they're horrible out of the box, so had to get a UMIK-1 anyways), and I'm wondering - since these are just 4" woofers + tweeters, I've recently added a HPF which goes a lot down about 40Hz. Does that make sense, since the drivers...
  4. Feelas

Cheapest possible (<30$?) silent USB DAC+HPA for low impedance cans

I'm looking for suggestions on working out the cheapest possible (sadly, the replacement PSU for the Dell E5470 spread so much noise that the minijack there is impossible to use) combo DAC+AMP that is possible to get new. Currently I'm targeting the Apple dongle, and E5470 is missing the USB-C...
Top Bottom