Search results

1. Grotti

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Indeed: get this legal fund starting. I (and I am sure, many members feel the same) want to see this installed as a strong statement for the freedom of speech and our solidarity with people like our host Amir, Erin and other reviewers out there, who spread the truth on the basis of science. And...
  2. Grotti

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I saw the review on YouTube and I actually thought Erin being to polite in his subjective statements. But that's anecdotal: if there's a need to support him (or Amir) against this totally unacceptable threat I will happily donate!
  3. Grotti

Bookshelf speakers for 3m listening distance

I listen at about 2.8 mtr with 6.5 inch midbass and I don't feel like missing something in terms of achievable volume. Just saying ;o)
  4. Grotti

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Botta Design TRES Quartz 40mm each and every day at work. Very light due to titanium housing and quartz motor and flat...
  5. Grotti

Infinity Modulus - Any good?

I don't know about the situation outside of Europe but the tweeters are almost impossible to replace in case of defect. I would clearly give it a pass.
  6. Grotti

Can anyone tell me about the Canton 9 k reference

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-audio-speakers-break-in.11898/ There is no breaking in of loudspeakers. At least not about hundreds of ours. Information about UMIK microphone and REW measurement software are provided here at ASR or by Mister Google...
  7. Grotti

Can anyone tell me about the Canton 9 k reference

Pointless. What about using a microphone (Umik) with REW instead and post the results?
  8. Grotti

Vincent SV-237 MKII

I remember having amps of this brand in our store (about 10 - 15 years ago). Nothing special about them despite being subjectively very powerful. RME ADI 2 Pro with a decent power amp should be within your price bracket and should run circles around the SV-237. But if you like the Vincent...
  9. Grotti

Pseudoscience or audiophool/both?

I made it to the end of page 2.....no reason to read more. Adjusting the speaker "in millimetres in all 6 axis" because of the perceived changing of "spectral balance" of a new amplifier? BS!
  10. Grotti

Lange @ Purité Audio?

I want to believe you but the price I posted is from the website of the official German distributor axmann audio, who is listed and linked by Lange Audio. Not to mention the fact, that Lange offers to sell directly to customers with a better price...
  11. Grotti

Lange @ Purité Audio?

No, it is 8900 for a pair without the needed subwoofer:
  12. Grotti

Lange @ Purité Audio?

In Germany they go for 8900 Euro a pair. For a single 65 mm broadband speaker each side. The recommended subwoofer is another 7900 Euro a piece and you better buy two of them for well known reasons. Ridiculous. But at least they provide measurements on the site of the manufacturer.
  13. Grotti

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

Voted "not terrible" because it will serve it's purpose as a lifestyle speaker and might sound subjectively good. But I can't ignore the amount of distortion which partly seem to be the result of forcing the speaker to output much more bass than it could handle. And at elevated listening levels...
  14. Grotti

Parasound JC2 preamp

Performance is ok but surely not for the called price: please read Amir's review.
  15. Grotti

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

If I ever have to part with my speakers due to neighbours complaining, this is the final solution for me. And yes, I know from equalising my AKG to the Harman curve that I prefer listening this way. Thank you for this particular review and DCA for sending it in.
  16. Grotti

Sigberg Audio Saranna (fullrange, cardioid active floorstander) development thread

Looks very promising and impressive. I predict that it will be out of reach for me, but at least I have 24 month to change that...;)
  17. Grotti

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

They seem to be on stock at Thomann Germany with a little discount: https://www.thomann.de/de/genelec_8361_ap.htm
  18. Grotti

THE HI-FI SHOW IN AUSTRIA

What do you expect when the event is organised by the "High End Society"? I visited the "show" in Munich several times and all in all it is a disappointing summary of everything going wrong with our hobby...BS Audio as a headliner fits perfectly.
  19. Grotti

Dynaudio Emit 20 - Review & Measurements by Erin

What is going on here seems to be a 6 dB filter for the tweeter at 4 kHz and a 7inch woofer with a 12 dB filter, that has to work way above the point of beaming. Including an enclosure, which seem to ring and rattle a bit (so a German online magazine states: I haven't heard the speaker yet)....
  20. Grotti

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Why don't you ask them directly?
Top Bottom