Search results

1. S

Echo Dot Gen 4 DAC chip?

Hello, I've been considering getting an echo dot as a chromecast audio alternative which is not available to me. The previous generations of echo dot used a TI DAC3203 which is rather poor (https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlv320dac3203.pdf), the 4th generation does not seem to use it...
  2. S

DAC performance of an old Yamaha

Hey guys, I've recently got my hands on two old Yamaha AVRs: The rx-v1200 and the rx-v659. The RX-V659 is using a Burr-Brown PCM1803 DAC. The older RX-V1200 is using an AKM AK4527B DAC. I'm currently using the RX-V1200 as it seems my rx-v659 does not output sound in Stereo/Pure Direct/Straight...
  3. S

Cheap alternative to Chromecast Audio?

Hello, CCA isn't available in my country and nobody ships it here. Do you have any idea of something as cost-effective and as well-performing as the CCA I can buy to stream music from Spotify to my old AVR (has a built-in DAC but I am unsure if I should use it or buy a separate one).
  4. S

How to pick a used AVR for new Philharmonic AAs?

Hello everyone, I'm very new to HiFi and audio in general. I bought my first pair of real speakers - the Philharmonic Affordable Accuracy Monitors by @Dennis Murphy. The modded Pioneers. Both were reviewed here. Looking at reviews, I understand these speakers are very hard to drive since they...
  5. S

First 2.0/1 Hi-Fi setup?

Hello, knowledgeable friends. I'm new here and very new to the hi-fi audio scene. I've just moved in into a new apartment and want to setup a new 2.0 setup for our living room. The living room is 3.2m*5.8m so about 18.5sqm. We'll be sitting and listening about 2.5-3m from the speakers. The...
Top Bottom