Search results

1. S

Echo Dot Gen 4 DAC chip?

How would you rate this DAC in comparison with the CCA? for example? Just by looking at the specs. EDIT: are you sure its this one? The 3rd gen echo dot used TLV320DAC3203 with a 192 kHz sampling rate. This one has only 96.
  2. S

Echo Dot Gen 4 DAC chip?

Hello, I've been considering getting an echo dot as a chromecast audio alternative which is not available to me. The previous generations of echo dot used a TI DAC3203 which is rather poor (https://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tlv320dac3203.pdf), the 4th generation does not seem to use it...
  3. S

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Just so that I don't misunderstand, would there be an audible difference between the EU version (A2155) 0.5 vrms and the US version (A2049) 1vrms when it comes to driving speakers as opposed to headphones? You were talking about audio being quiet. Keep in mind I'm a complete noob.
  4. S

Cheap alternative to Chromecast Audio?

So can I use the Apple dongle with a Raspberry Pi? I would just need a USB-A to USB-C adapter, am I correct? I have a very old RPi 1 Model B (not plus), the first iteration. Would that work decently? or should I buy an RPi 4?
  5. S

If there's anyone wanting to sell one CCA and willing to ship internationally, please PM me. Otherwise, what's the cheapest decent HAT DAC for the RPi?
  6. S

DAC performance of an old Yamaha

Both done... no-go. I'm wondering if it might be the cable? but its working fine with the RX-V1200... PCM is set on the TV and AVR. I can't believe the RX-V659 is faulty because sound is working fine with analogue but with digital input only the Hifi Dsp modes work.
  7. S

My current state: - RX-V1200 works with digital input (optical) from my PC, TV. In Processor-Direct mode and in normal 2ch mode. - RX-V659: Straight mode - no sound in digital nor analogue. Pure Direct - Sound only when using analogue. My digital input only works when some DSP is activated. I'm...
  8. S

I see. Well, the RX-V659 should have more power than the RX-V1200. That's why I'm trying to get it to work in Pure Direct/Stereo with a TOSLINK input (unsuccessfully). So technically speaking there should not be an audible difference between the AKM chip and the TI Burr-Brown one?
  9. S

Hey guys, I've recently got my hands on two old Yamaha AVRs: The rx-v1200 and the rx-v659. The RX-V659 is using a Burr-Brown PCM1803 DAC. The older RX-V1200 is using an AKM AK4527B DAC. I'm currently using the RX-V1200 as it seems my rx-v659 does not output sound in Stereo/Pure Direct/Straight...
  10. S

Mi Box S needs to be connected to a monitor, though, doesn't it?
  11. S

I think the same guy ships it here (Israel) but for $33! That's around $85 for one, like I said, which frankly seems like too much for a $35 device.
  12. S

I mean I could probably get one for $85 but that's too much I would say. As I have a Chromecast with Google TV already, how would an HDMI audio extractor work? Would the sound quality be worse?
  13. S

That's much more expensive than I'd like considering the CCA is $35...
  14. S

I just need the one ;). Can you recommend a Raspberry Pi setup? What would I need exactly?
  15. S

Hello, CCA isn't available in my country and nobody ships it here. Do you have any idea of something as cost-effective and as well-performing as the CCA I can buy to stream music from Spotify to my old AVR (has a built-in DAC but I am unsure if I should use it or buy a separate one).
  16. S

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

@KEW Thank you for your post. Today I bought two second hand AVRs: Yamaha RX-V1200 and Yamaha RX-V659. I'm going to see how they do and then decide which one to keep.
  17. S

How to pick a used AVR for new Philharmonic AAs?

Yamaha RX-V659 Yamaha RX-V1200 LUXMAN LR-6500 LUXMAN RV-387 Marantz SR5003 NAD T761 Denon AVR-1712 Denon AVR-1509 Cambridge Audio Azur 640R Best out of these for my purposes?
  18. S

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

Can anyone share what's the bare minimum you'd go for amplification for this? This is my first set of speakers and I feel really clueless. I understand these are 83 dB so really inefficient, but I'm not sure what's going to be good enough for a living room. I've seen answers ranging from Loxjie...
  19. S

The 0.7% THD is high though, isn't it? Do you think a newer Yamaha with Digital TOP-ART (5.1 avrs usually) will be better suited to drive the AAs rather than this sony?
  20. S

In Israel. Basically new AVRs are very overpriced due to taxes and used AVRs are scarce and only found in the FB marketplace. I also found a Sony TA-VA80ES. What do you think? 100W/c stereo 4Ohm. 0.7% THD. It's only rated for 4 Ohms though, not 6 or 8 ohms, so would that even work? I really...
Top Bottom