Search results

1. DWPress

Purifi based car amp: Brax by Audiotec Fischer

Can't wait to put one of these in my Subaru.... :p
  2. DWPress

Recommend an Amp + Preamp for Revel F208 speakers (with DIRAC)

And by all means get a Buckeye amp! My 4ch 252MP is serial #0002 and the build quality was/is great even back then and I think he's made close to a 1000 of them now.
  3. DWPress

Recommend an Amp + Preamp for Revel F208 speakers (with DIRAC)

Since you say you need all those digital and analog inputs an AVR or processor is probably the way to go. I don't think any minDSP gear can do all of it. In both cases the processing power of the onboard silicon is just enough to do some good correction up to +/-300Hz so if you really want...
  4. DWPress

Upgrade LM3886 to Neurochrome Modulus 686

Only real consideration would be space and power supply and the latter Tom will help you out with.
  5. DWPress

The Current State Of Classic Country on Streaming Services

If I want to listen to pre 70's C&W I use the turntable. That's the sort of genre that screams for low-fi most of the time until you get into Bakersfield era recordings and things start to blur. No, I'm not ancient but that's all I listened to growing up rurally because that's what my dad...
  6. DWPress

Ultimate HiQuality CD plus K2 HD Pro Mastering Anyone?

We used to collect Japanese vinyl releases because of better pressings. I've no clue how this could improve CD playability - the ones I purchased new in 1985 still play fine. Though they were ripped to a HD quite awhile ago they had a lot of rough use early on and then later in cars....
  7. DWPress

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Awesome product progression. It's a shame that the PEQ only works for USB input, hopefully there's a fix for future firmware updates or at least in future products from Topping.
  8. DWPress

Fallout on Amazon

Well, I binged 3 episodes last night and I think it's pretty good. Not a gamer and no interest in the storyline beyond what they've given us but since it is based on a video game I'd say it's engaging enough. Hell, they make shows and movies about all kinds of stupid stuff these days so if I'm...
  9. DWPress

Why eq to a flat response prior to eq'ing to a Harman Curve?

Regular Dirac Live can suck the bass out but DLBC does a great job with it. If you already own DL I'd suggest trying out DLBC. Otherwise, what does your mic tell you and how does that compare with your sound preference? Doing EQ to follow a specific curve has never really worked for me.
  10. DWPress

Break from Tekton Thread

No, the Gutenberg that actually matters - you know, voted "man of the millennium" guy....
  11. DWPress

There is nothing holy about the signal

As others have already mentioned - starting off with gear that is as transparent as possible is the best possible scenario. Put it in a room and automatically you're going to need some help taming some parts of spectrum though. Room treatment helps but useless unless you know what you're...
  12. DWPress

Break from Tekton Thread

Back from a week in NYC for work and pleasure. Central Park is in full bloom, survived the earthquake and viewed the eclipse along the Hudson River and Chinatown. Here's a page from the Gutenberg Bible for your amusement.
  13. DWPress

How Much Subwoofer Is Enough?

I've got a single 18" located near main speakers and 12" SVS in opposite opposing corner of the room. Every room is different as far as modes and gain go but I can't imagine needing more myself. I can't get down to 9Hz but I'm ok with that lol.
  14. DWPress

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

After listening to it a few times today I'm disappointed no one song really stands out BUT it is still a fine album. I'll keep it in rotation for a bit and see if any of the lyrics start taking hold in my brain.
  15. DWPress

Fallout on Amazon

Perfect - the woman is away for 10 days and I needed something senseless to fill some evenings!
  16. DWPress

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes. I keep looking for something that could improve things or add functionality but nothing out there - yet. I need to finish the front wall soffit absorber, center QRD and rearrange the cloud some but then I'd have to take new measurements so happy until I get off my lazy but.
  17. DWPress

Mark Knopfler – One Deep River – First single – Ahead Of The Game : comparison between Hi-Rez 24-192 and Dolby Atmos

I've been working on a studio project and Knophler's discography has been in rotation in the background for weeks so looking forward to the new album tomorrow. Love everything he does from Dire Straits to his soundtrack work - some of those signature guitar licks in the most unlikely songs take...
  18. DWPress

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I've been away for a week on a trip and come back to my favorite forum full of this crap? Wow. Not in the market for speakers but Tektons would never make the list just based on the owners behavior. Dignity, honor and ethics still count for some of us.
  19. DWPress

Shogun

I actually find it refreshing, not everything has to be Hollywood explosions and choreographed dances of death. Story driven television and movies are rare!
  20. DWPress

Shogun

From what I remember of the book, most likely not.
Top Bottom