Search results

1. A

FS/EU One KEF LS50 Meta unit

Hello Everyone, I purchased a pair of KEF LS50 Meta but I only needed one of them for a center speaker. So basically I'm selling the other speaker for 500 Euros plus shipping. I'm willing to ship to wherever the buyer wants. It's effectively new, didn't even unwrap it. Edit: forgot to...
  2. A

Good Subwoofer Amplifiers In 2024?

Hello Everyone, I've been trying to find an affordable subwoofer amplifier (below 1000 USD, perferably below 500 USD) that has auto on/of (or a trigger in) and a handful of PEQ filters. I'm not looking for a plate amplifier. I wonder if you guys know / have / tested any options that fit the...
  3. A

SOLD!!!: (EU/BE) MiniDSP Flex (unbalanced)

Used for less than a year, with the original packaging and all the cables and accessories. basically 100% the same as buying new. EVERYTHING is still in mint condition. Amir's review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/minidsp-flex-review-audio-dsp.30804/
  4. A

FS: (EU/BE) Cambridge Audio Duo (Phono Stage)

Used for less than a year, with the original packaging and all the cables and accessories. basically 100% the same as buying new. EVERYTHING is still in mint condition. Amir's review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/cambridge-audio-duo-phono-stage-review-updated.46659/
  5. A

Would you High-pass the KEF R2c meta?

I'm guessing low frequency output of the meta version would be similar to the non-meta version. It's around -20 dB at 30Hz so we're looking at an in-room output of 86dB at 30 Hz if we take the 96dB trend line. Distortion at 96dB at 30 Hz seems to be just around 10%, which is really the...
  6. A

Sony IEMs with lossless audio over Wifi

Just saw on the Sony showcase a few minutes ago that they’re releasing competitive wireless earbuds that work over wifi and offer low latency lossless audio! Will post more pictures when the event ends.
  7. A

Are we looking at Distortion the wrong way?

Reading about all the things KEF are doing to optimize their drivers made me think, how come they have mediocre distortion measurements? But looking at the KEF LS50 meta there is nothing mediocre about it at all, if we look past the the second harmonic it has 3rd harmonic levels competetive...
  8. A

GIK Accoustics are more than worth the money

Just got some corner bass traps delivered, they look exquisite! they smell exquisite! they were the best packaged product I have ever received in my life. So just wanted to make a post saying that their products are impeccable and are very much worth the money. The experiences online seem to...
  9. A

How come no one thought of this before?

Basically ASUS is making a laptop that has two cameras that keep track of each of your eyes. This way if you move the stereophonic 3D image remains stable without the use of 3D glasses. There is barely any stereophonic content being made anymore, I hardly think this will be the future of...
  10. A

(sub)woofer and mid-woofer crossover frequency

Lets say I want to go shopping for drivers for a 3-way design. Looking at the datasheet, what is the data that would give me an idea about the optimal crossover frequency of a woofer? The lower end is obviously going to be excursion limited, so that's straight forward to figure out. But what...
  11. A

Best way to screw a speaker into a baffle?

I’m venturing into DIY speaker building soon and I was wondering if any of you has recommendations on how to screw a speaker into a baffle.
  12. A

Are any brand of AVRs offer miniDSP level of utility?

I'm not talking about manipulating the routing matrix, that's probably a lost cause without Trinnov / Storm Lamborghini money but simply adjustable delay, gain and 5 to 10 PEQ filters per channel.
  13. A

Can I use a 12-inch woofer as a resistor to set amplifier gain?

I would like to optimize the gain structure of my setup with an oscilloscope. I have already purchased two high excursion 12-inch woofers to use in my subwoofer builds, and money is running short with Christmas and all and I would rather that I avoid paying a 100$ or something for a 250W...
  14. A

Understanding the requirements of sub-sub bass.

After reading about how a subwoofer with a BW 12db/oct tunning @35Hz is enough to have a flat in-room response from 1Hz to infinity (Source), and after experiencing the same thing in my own in-room measurements, now I wonder what is the purpose of going for these gigantic subwoofers in closed...
  15. A

Does a speaker in an anechoic chamber has minimum phase behavior?

A lot of people here including Amir are using minimum phase filters to correct the amplitude response of a speaker. And I understand that the audibility of phase distortion (if any) introduced by these filters is a very dubious thing to discuss to begin with, so please consider this discussion...
  16. A

Pink Noise sounds boomy with Harman tuned headphones.

I was wondering whether it was normal to hear boomy-ness when listening to pink noise with Harman tuned headphones? Are they supposed to sound boomy because they’re compensating for lack of physical impact?
  17. A

YouTube's new Dynamic Range Compression (DRC).

YouTube seem to be rolling out a new method of loudness normalization. Instead of only applying negative gain on tracks with above -14 LUFS loudness, it seems to be now also applying compression to all tracks regardless of LUFS / loudness value.
  18. A

Influence of curtains on room acoustics

So in our living room we have a humble 2.2 setup with generally subpar acoustics. We installed relatively thick curtains (the thickest the shop can make them, usually for performance spaces where you want zero light entering) and this thread is basically some rough measurements showing before...
  19. A

The importance of listening distance

Just found a really cool video comparing a reverberant chamber to an anechoic chamber and it also showcased the importance of direct to reflected sound ratio in speech ineligibility (and by extension fidelity).
  20. A

Warning When You Quote an Old Reply?

@amirm Can we have some sort of warning when we're quoting a reply that is over 3 months old? (Or which ever you think is long enough) Busy forums usually have strict rules regarding reviving old threads, I don't think that's necessary in this space. However when a thread revives for one...
Top Bottom