Search results

1. B

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Thanks for the link, but I already knew how to find firmware updates. I wonder how to know the current firmware version of my device, since the hidden menu does not display any software version.
  2. B

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Hello, I'm a very happy D90 MQA owner, but I would like to know how to find out the current firmware version of the device. There is a firmware update V1.24 and I don't know if I need to update my unit. Anyone? And a petition to @JohnYang1997 : I would like to have the automatic display turn...
  3. B

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Yes, I was using the XLR output and I know it has a higher voltage (5V vs 4V on D90, right?). But I don't know how the line level could affect the sound signature. In my tests, the D70s seemed to have a more analog sound, let's say a 'dirtier' sound, whereas the D90 seemed to have a 'cleaner'...
  4. B

How can you be so sure of that?
  5. B

Thank you for your tolerance. The one who is behaving like a troll is you with your intolerance and disrespectful attitude. For unbelievers, please read this excerpt from Sandu's D90 MQA review (soundnews.net): Topping is using a very advanced Altera Max II FPGA that together with two...
  6. B

I no longer have the D70s, I returned it as I said before. What is a 'level matched test'? My amp was set at the same volume level and both DACs were set at max. with preamp mode off. Test conditions were identical. The fact is that I could not stand D70s for more than 5 minutes, whereas I...
  7. B

It's just my opinion, and is not subjective at all, I could notice an audible difference. I listened to the same track twice in order to make sure of this. I was hesitating to post my opinion here because almost everyone on this forum thinks that all DACs that measure well sound the same. This...
  8. B

I think the problem is with my tube amplifier. The amp already introduces a little distortion to the sound as you know, but I'm already used to that distortion with a digital source. However, if you pair it with the D70s the distortion is even greater due to its inherent warmth and analog...
  9. B

Well, my quest for the DAC of my dreams ends here. But you'll be surprised by my decision: I have sent the D70s back and I finally have bought and kept the D90 MQA. Why? This is the reason: After reading Sandu's D70s review, I thought I would like a more analog sound for its warmth, but I was...
  10. B

Well, I also have another complaint, but it affects many Topping models and I think they are not going to fix it, because @JohnYang1997 already replied to me in a private message that 'there was nothing wrong with that': - Please TOPPING, remove the MINUS SIGN on the display when DAC is on...
  11. B

That's right. In fact, I read that opinion in THIS review written by him (by the way, a very detailed review, probably the most detailed review on D70s available today). Yes, I'm interested in that 'analog sound' too described by him. He claims that D70s is close to the performance of a R2R DAC...
  12. B

Finally, I have ordered a D70s too because the Gustard X16 is not available in my country and I am doubtful about some quality issues detected by users (pop noise when using the RCA output). I will be able to compare it with my current D90 (non-MQA version) before returning it. My main concern...
  13. B

Hi guys, Simple question: D90 or D70s? Please note that I don't want the SU-9 again; I had it and returned it due to quality issues. I currently have a D90 (non MQA version) and there are no complaints so far, save for the display (more later). I like very much its sound, it's marvellous. But...
  14. B

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

What is the reason? Do you know more about this matter? Thanks
  15. B

Hi guys, The first 'non-ASR' review of X16 is here! Note that the review claims that the X16 does not come with a power cable!! This is most likely a mistake, isn't it? I want to buy it, but I'd rather wait for it to go on sale on Amazon. When??? OMG... can't wait!! :eek:
  16. B

Suitable power supply for Auralic Aries Mini

I'm going to buy a 2nd hand Mini and I'm debating between these 2 power supplies by iFi: iPower iPower X The 'X' model is €50 more expensive than 'standard'. The question is if I would notice a difference in sound between one and the other, whether using the internal DAC or an external one. I...
  17. B

INDEED. It's pure placebo, I know what I'm talking about because I had one (I sent it back to Amazon). It doesn't matter which emulation mode you choose, Rich, Tube or Crystal, you always get the same sound (with speakers at least). In addition, build quality is mediocre. However, sound is very...
  18. B

Do you hear a noise if you first turn on the X16 before your amp when using the RCA outputs?
  19. B

Do you have the 'pop' sound if you turn on the X16 before your amp when using the RCA outputs? On the other hand, I doubt very much that X16 is better than D90. The D90 is better in many aspects, but I prefer the X16 screen. Both should sound 'transparent' (equal). Thanks PS. I'm from Spain too.
Top Bottom