Search results

1. DrCWO

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

What performance Chart? Any measurements?
  2. DrCWO

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Looks like something from the 80th :facepalm:
  3. DrCWO

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - Auto-measured with Multitone

Sure, can be also done this way. It‘s just for curiosity ;)
  4. DrCWO

Does this mean you just count the number of samples you see from the playback device and from the recording device during a certain amount of time?
  5. DrCWO

Wow, great :) will give it a try if I‘m back and see how my old RME ADI-2 Pro behaves in comparison to my new ADI-2/4. thank‘s a lot. Great work :):):)
  6. DrCWO

Very cool, really appreciate you work :) Maybe I'm missing something, but where can I see the clock drift :cool:
  7. DrCWO

@pkane thank you for all the work! I‘m not able to test it yet but will do if I‘m back home end of April. What I did not understand until now: Did you have already developed a script that delivers the same tests as @amirm runs so the results will be 1:1 comparable. I think in terms of...
  8. DrCWO

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

Thanks‘ for your feedback. Did matching separate but not with a voltmeter. Also frequency measurement for equalization can be done at the speaker terminals instead with the mic as I did. Good hints I'll respect next time I do ABX :)
  9. DrCWO

Seems you are a quite unpolite, unpleasant and upset man :facepalm: Why not asking me friendly to show what I did after my post? I‘m traveling in South East Asia till end of April so I‘m not able to shoot and send photos. So at the moment you can believe me or not I don‘t care at all. Here you...
  10. DrCWO

Sorry, I try to give a short reply as it off topic here ;) Here the steps I took to make the ABX as fair as possible: I calibrated the horns independently for each amplifier to the same target with the Acourate software. This is important as using a resistor in series to the full range speaker...
  11. DrCWO

This is not correct. I owed Passlabs and Krell amps in the past driving my full range horns and was happy with the Krells for some years. After @amirm tested the NCx500 I got one from an Italien manufacturer for less than 2000€. Took the amp to a friend of mine that is a fan of AVM amps and it...
  12. DrCWO

Lehmannaudio Decade Phono Stage Review

Please read this and notice that XLR also males a lot of sense at the output ;) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ground-loops-101.7162/ More about this here: https://www.ranecommercial.com/legacy/note151.html
  13. DrCWO

Reason for this is that it is sold by „classical“ dealers with a shop in the city. This increases the price by factor three. Ever seen such a dealer selling S.M.S.L? Sure not. S.M.S.L sells online and there is no chance for a „classical“ dealer to make any money. You can see lower prices most...
  14. DrCWO

This is why RME ADI-2/4 implements a correct Mono bass DSP :)
  15. DrCWO

But no XLR :( I kow Cinch is used with most home devices but as the signal has to travel via the shield it is always prone to mains hum. If a computer is somewhere in the chain you also may get noise from its power supply especially if it is external and grounded. So I personally dislike Cinch a...
  16. DrCWO

The ProJect phono box has literally the same performance for less than half the price :facepalm: In Addition it offer symmetric in- and outputs on XLR :) In my eyes in any case a better choice...
  17. DrCWO

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

If you like to get really good sound get a decent speaker or horn with DSP. If you don‘t care get those in wall speakers for some background music. To be frank I can‘t imagine to enjoy a movie like Terminator with 74dB spl :facepalm:
  18. DrCWO

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

You are right :) Exactly this will be possible. So you will be able to control volume of MiniDSP even if you are not listening to the Source from Roon but for example audio coming from S/PDIF
  19. DrCWO

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

Hi out there. @mglobe asked me in a private chat to support device volume control from Roon for MiniDsp devices. It seems that I will be able to offer that as I already did for RME ADI-2. I like to find out if you guys might be interested in this or if you think it makes no sense at all. If I...
  20. DrCWO

Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3 B Review

This is why I vote for connecting all via XLR, also the cartridge. The cartridge is a symmetric device by nature! Doing so you just have to make sure that non of the outputs of the cartridge is connected to its housing like Shure did. But this can be removed and the housing of the cartridge...
Top Bottom