Search results

1. T

Minisdsp Questions

I am replacing my NAD C658. I was going to replace it with an Anthem STR but passed on that. Instead I am going with a preamp with no room correction and would like to add a minidsp product for integration of sub and speakers. My questions are: MiniDSP 2x4HD vs MiniDSP Flex. If I would like...
  2. T

Anthem STR Preamp Connection Question

All, I am looking at purchasing an Anthem STR preamp to replace my NAD C658 preamp to hopefully improve room correction. I have similar sub output concerns with my NAD that is well documented in the C658 thread on here. The Anthem has balanced outputs for both main channels and subs in both...
  3. T

Processor Loop?

Is there any benefit to a processor loop on a pre-amp vs. putting a processor between pre-amp and amp? What would the preferred hook-up be?
  4. T

Tinnitus, hearing loss, and Bright Speakers

I have tinnitus and high frequency hearing loss (basically deaf above 3k hz). I just bought Kef R3 as I really liked the LS50 but wanted more bass. The Erin's Audio Corner review suggests angling the speakers out a bit to avoid sibilance/brightness. So far it feels like the speakers set off...
  5. T

Low Ohm Speaker Amplifier Question

I just purchased a Technics SU-G 700. It indicates a load impedance of 4-16 ohm with a rated power of 140 watts at 4 ohm. I currently have Kef LS50. Amir tested and found it was fairly inefficient with a dip to 3.7 ohm. I was thinking about replacing it with a Kef R3 which dips to 3 ohms...
  6. T

MiniDSP SHD Question

I currently have a Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital -> minidsp -> amp. I am thinking about changing up my digital equipment for two reasons - would like to give DIRAC a try and the various settings on the Pro-ject bother me. I feel like a Dac should just output a sound without various controls such...
Top Bottom