Search results

1. B

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

TANGENT WARNING!!! I love this comment - I totally agree. The HT market has a stigma that really good AVRs, even when paired with exceptional speakers, are poor at 2 channel music playback, even though they're fantastic at movie soundtrack playback. I've had rigs with separates, and now I have...
  2. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I first started using this speaker with a 20 year old Denon AVR 3805. It was fantastic. It's now paired with a Denon x2600H, and it's also fantastic for both movies and music. My living room is 22 x 24', with 18' ceiling. This pairing does not have any issues filling that space with good sound...
  3. B

Speaker cable advice

What is the price of a 50ft run of Monoprice 12g speaker wire in Germany? It's all of $30 USD here... Would love to know the price comparison for the European market.
  4. B

Soundstage and imaging

You don't, unless you mixed the recording... I personally don't worry about it. I just want a wide enveloping soundstage with great clarity and reasonably good instrument separation, so it doesn't sound like a mushy mess...
  5. B

Speaker cable advice

Or those... :p Dude.... great minds.... Looks like you hit "reply" as I was typing... LOL
  6. B

Soundstage and imaging

Even in a studio, the musicians could all be performing in isolation rooms, so that may not prove anything for soundstage/imaging...
  7. B

Speaker cable advice

If the speaker isn't going through the walls, then Monoprice 12g If the speaker IS going through the walls, then Monoprice CL2 12g With these... monoprice banana clips (right angle) or these... Monoprice banana clips (straight) If find the right angle clips are great for stand mount...
  8. B

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

not nearly as bad as I thought...
  9. B

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

On white stands? Those would be my Bucky Badger speakers... On Wisconsin...
  10. B

Revel M106 to Revel M126 Be, just made the switch

Try this again. LOL Do you have a pic of your living room you can share? :)
  11. B

Revel M106 to Revel M126 Be, just made the switch

Do you have a photo of your room you could share?
  12. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I made the jump from the M16 to the M106. To me, the M106 are more airy and detailed (clarity) in the upper end, and have more texture in the mid-bass. If you don't have a sub, the M106 will sound a bit thinner than the M16 in the low end. I still have the M16 - they replaced our Polk LSi15...
  13. B

Am I wasting money? AVR recommendations.

I stopped buying Starbucks and a blueberry muffin every morning. :)
  14. B

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

“I have the VLR CT version and find their listening performance much better than the review here would suggest.” Of course. The CT is supposed to be the better speaker. I haven’t read a user review say it was the same, much less worse than the Wood version. I agree you should measure the...
  15. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I grabbed a 10 pack of these, considering these are standmount speakers, and it made for easier cable management, both into the speaker, and the back of the receiver in our TV stand that has a back panel... Monoprice 90-degree Banana Plugs
  16. B

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Banana plugs are your friend. :)
  17. B

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Hysterical that with any receiver we order, we all “cross our fingers”. LOL
  18. B

Anthem MRX 1140 fan noise

It's easier to replace the fan at home, that return the unit to the retailer... :D
  19. B

Anthem MRX 1140 fan noise

OK. I know I’m working on a 540 8K, but I’m positive this will be 100% effective on all Anthem AVR and AVM products. If you don’t have an Ethernet connection to your network, you can plug a laptop directly into the Anthem receiver via a “USB to Ethernet” adapter/dongle. You’ll need a. Ethernet...
Top Bottom