Search results

1. Z

Topping A90 blinking green light?

Hi, when I woke up this morning I discovered my Topping A90's power indicator was blinking green (I left it powered on and set to the HPA output overnight). Switching back and forth between Pre/HPA/Off didn't change anything, so I turned the switch to the Off position and then flipped the power...
  2. Z

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

OK cool lol, I guess I'll just stick with everything at 44.1 kHz then. Thanks!
  3. Z

More questions: I've seen some sentiment on this thread that M2/M4 users should be working in 48 kHz when producing tracks and only downsampling to 44.1 kHz at export (if necessary) due to the default filters being designed for 48 kHz. My question is: Does this also affect how I should be...
  4. Z

Yeah that makes sense; thanks!
  5. Z

Yeah. The thing I was talking about is that the M4 has a second set of RCA and TRS outputs labeled as "Line Out," whereas the M2 only has the one set of RCA and TRS outputs labeled as "Monitor." I assume the difference between Line Out and Monitor outputs is that the latter are volume-controlled...
  6. Z

The M2 only has "Monitor" outputs instead of having both Line Out and Monitor outputs like on the M4. In hindsight it seems likely that the line outs on the M4 are just the same as the monitor outputs, but fixed to max gain? I don't know for sure though, lol
  7. Z

Oh yeah, another quick question: Does anyone know what level I should be setting the "Monitor" gain knob to if using this as a DAC thru RCA into, say, a JDS Labs Atom? EDIT: I just realized that the MOTU M2 doesn't have line out outputs the way the M4 does...does this mean it is unsuitable to...
  8. Z

Just to be sure: If I wanted to use this as a DAC with the Massdrop THX 789, I could use the balanced 1/4" TRS outputs and connect it to the THX via a set of TRS-to-XLR cables right? And assumedly the Motu M2 is the same as the M4 besides having less inputs and outputs, yeah?
  9. Z

@amirm Nice review, thanks again for all you do. Any chance you could show SE performance on the DAC portion of this device? Interested to see if it differs at all from balanced...
  10. Z

Questions about the unbalanced output from balanced headphone amp/DAC stack

Quick question regarding balanced amp/DAC stacks: So as I understand it, the benefit of going balanced is that it will eliminate any ground loop issues you could potentially encounter, and this benefit is only applied if you feed a balanced input from your DAC into the amp (e.g. XLR from SMSL...
  11. Z

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

So is it 100% confirmed that the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and Hidizs S8 are the same product (i.e. perform the same)? Are there any significant feature/performance differences between the two?
  12. Z

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

Amir reported that he was able to get up to 2 Vrms output out of the G7, so I would assume that if you can get it to give that much power when hooked up to an amp it should be fine? From what I remember, around 2 Vrms is about the standard output power you want from a DAC to be able to power an...
  13. Z

No, I was wondering if LG's entirely bypassed the Android audio stack or if it's only specific apps that can do so. It matters slightly to me as I use Google Play Music to store my local collection in the cloud, and having to use it through UAPP is less convenient than the official app (UAPP's...
  14. Z

Hey @amirm, I just got an LG V30 myself. I was wondering: could you test some other music apps on the G7 (Google Play Music, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc.) to see if they also bypass the Android audio stack the way the UAPP and the LG Music app are capable of?
  15. Z

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

I have a D30 / Magni 3 stack, and it's fine. Not the prettiest thing in the world (the Magni is ever so slightly wider than the D30, and the D30 is "deeper" than the Magni) but it works, and the feet of the Magni sit securely enough on the D30. This is the combo I recommend to pretty much...
  16. Z

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

Thanks for the review, @amirm! By the way, the reason the Magni 3 and Modi 2 have different finishes is that the Magni 2 had the same finish as the Modi 2. With the Magni 3, they changed that finish and only updated the Modi 2 Uber and Multibit to match (the regular Modi 2 still has the old finish).
  17. Z

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Funny story actually: my iFi Nano Black Label came in just today (I decided to buy one to use at work and as a general portable unit). Currently have it hooked up to my phone and it sounds great! Hopefully there won't be anything wrong with it when you get around to reviewing it ;)
  18. Z

Not the original guy who asked about this, but is a review of the Nano in the works? Just wondering, since you reviewed the Micro (which is a lot more expensive) recently. I was considering buying a Topping NX4 for portable/office use, but given what you've said here I might have to pick up an...
  19. Z

@amirm I found this Amazon listing for a "Dilvpoetry Topping NX4"; do you have any idea if this is the same product (from a different distributor, maybe?) as the Topping NX4 that you reviewed? I ask because there is a separate Amazon listing for the Topping NX4 that ships from China (no Prime...
  20. Z

Amir's TODO thread

@amirm I know you're busy, but just wanted to ask if you've ever thought of reviewing and measuring the JDS Labs Element? Also, sorry in advance for bugging you about this but I was wondering if you're planning on doing the Micca OriGen G2 review soon, or if that's still deep into your backlog...
Top Bottom