Search results

1. G

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

I may be out of the loop, but I was just about to pull the trigger on a 3 channel 1et400a. Will this get those new binding posts? If the new case and binding posts are part of the reason for the long lead time of the 3 channel NcoreX I may wait for that instead.
  2. G

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

$15 toasters from Wal Mart. $100 DACs from OCONUS. Scrutinizing decade old technology implementation. Anyone ever tried to spin up a low volume electronics engineering and production facility in the USA before?
  3. G

Buchardt Anniversary 10 Measurements and Review

I've been wanting to try some powered speakers for surround channels on my Monoprice HTP-1. These seem like a really great option. There is a scenario where I might use these in a home office for 2 channel sometime in the future, so I am trying to extract value with that proposition as well. Is...
  4. G

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Is anyone using this streamer successfully with a Linux SMB share? I have a very large database and maintaining a large SMB Share has been problematic on every streamer I've tried in the past, so I've been avoiding them. I would be very interested in this streamer if the SMB share works well.
  5. G

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

A product made 16 years ago by a company that is now defunct, for a product nobody is going to own and cannot buy? What is the point? It's pretty obvious you're just trying to demean GR Research. I'll admit I am skeptical of his operation, but this "review" post reads like a clearly veiled...
  6. G

Schiit Audio post sales experience

I had a Schiit Hel 2E and I found the volume control had a bad channel mismatch at low volumes. It was right in the volume range where I needed to be for comfortable listening on my headphones. I explained my problem to Schiit support and they took the product back and refunded without any...
  7. G

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

I do not have any subs. Is it necessary to have the additional Dirac license to manage the low frequencies? I am only using 2-channel but they are full range speakers.
  8. G

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

HTP-1 bootloop issue has been resolved for a year for me with the firmware released last year. Just a couple weeks ago another new firmware was released that further addressed the issue and will completely eliminate it.
  9. G

Temporary sound transmission mitigation

I will be renting an apartment which shares walls with another unit. It's a commercial building so the sound mitigation is not great. I would like to install some temporary measures to isolate the shared walls as best as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions for sources and selection of...
  10. G

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

Very happy Vivid Kaya 90 owner here. Absolutely incredible sound for my ears. It’s the lowest distortion speaker I’ve heard that doesn’t sound dull or harsh in any way. The biggest issue is getting them positioned properly was extremely difficult. Vivid recommends converging them slightly in...
  11. G

Frankly, it's hell to choose an AVR

How do we know these 40Gbps HDMI 2.1 implementations are “Bug Free?” This seems like a sweeping generalization but I would like to hear more. I have been trying to help a buddy find a new AVR or Pre/Pro and I am also having a hard time coming up with anything that seems worth the exorbitant...
  12. G

Highest quality ~10W classAB

I'd recommend the Schiit Gjallarhorn as well. I've been using two of them for low volume listening and they are very impressive.
  13. G

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

@Buckeye Amps What is the rear panel layout for the mono amp chassis? I have 1ET7040SA monos on preorder. I am hoping the mono configuration will have the binding posts and XLR input spaced out so spades are not impeded by the XLR connector below. The 2+ channel Buckeye amps all seem to have the...
  14. G

Comparing Buckeye and VTV Purifi Amps

I bet you are both very fun at parties!
  15. G

Cute new schiit speaker amps

I got a couple Gjallarhorns. Very good. 10W power draw each from the wall when idle. 11W at my normal listening volumes (~60dB) and 12-13W when things get too loud (75-77dB). I am 7.5 feet from each speaker and they are 7 feet apart. They are working very well for what I need them for. They...
  16. G

SOLD!!!: A90D - Audiophonics MPA-S250NC XLR

Perfect condition black Topping A90D. I'm the original owner received from Apos in Aug. 2022. Worked really well with my Focal Utopia, and was especially good at driving the Meze Empyrean. I also used it as a preamp for a brief time in my stereo. The volume control and selectable gain curve is...
  17. G

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

How does the 2 USB input work? Can you select the 2 sources from the remote? It is kind of a dream for me to have a single DAC with 2 USB inputs. I have a source from my music server and from an Nvidia Shield TV.
  18. G

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Is there a widespread issue with failures of Class D amp modules from Hypex or others? I would be interested to hear more detailed accounts of issues that exist. Admittedly I have not looked myself. My stance on manufacturing and quality comes from my time spent as an Applications and Quality...
Top Bottom