Search results

1. Sonnie

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Agree... but to the point he and I were making is that we likely won't hear any difference between a SINAD of 98dB vs 99dB. Someone might hear a difference between the two preamps, but I highly doubt it would be because of the SINAD variance being 1-2dB... it will likely be from something else.
  2. Sonnie

You are talking about something different here... he was referring to what he had "feeding" the AHB2's... not the amps vs other amps.
  3. Sonnie

Still all inaudible differences right? Although our minds might still see it as different, our ears won't hear it. Hopefully our mind won't start hearing it in addition to knowing it.
  4. Sonnie

Yes... still have them. Not using the right now... using the Sanders Magtech. I'll probably be selling the AHB2's shortly. Great amps, just not quite what I'm looking for to power the 15A's... as you already know. :)
  5. Sonnie

I have the Speakon cables from Benchmark. John Siau did make a fair argument in response to my question today that the unit will perform better with sources using higher voltage levels, such as in pro audio. However, Amir also measured the unit at other gain settings and the difference was...
  6. Sonnie

I did not see any mention of this when I searched, but search could have missed it I suppose. Is there any particular reason you did the measurements using the 9.6v setting on the amp?
  7. Sonnie

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

How disrespectful... only 5 posts and you are already insulting members? Now who's dumb? He just got thru telling you that Amir decides what to test, and the vendor did not supply this to Amir. This SHD unit actually came from me. You have zero basis for your speculation... and you are...
  8. Sonnie

Can anyone confirm if the SHD can play DSD files?
  9. Sonnie

It really depends on what you have now. If you have a processor that you are happy with, you could get a miniDSP 2x4, or something along those lines that has Dirac. If you are using something computer based (Roon, etc), you can also use REW to create filters, or hire one of the several...
  10. Sonnie

In finding the infrasonic filter I wanted to use for my SB16's, I chose each type, then experimented with the frequency to see how the response was rolling off with REW. Initially it was easy to set it higher than it needed to be, which caused it to roll-off too quickly. I was able to get it...
  11. Sonnie

lol... yeah... well... 8.5" thick walls, staggered studs, layers upon layers on the walls and ceiling, with blown insulation everywhere, extra structural support in the attic to hold the ceiling up, etc, etc, and a hallway between the room and the house. My wife still says she can hear what...
  12. Sonnie

I can't hear a difference in two-channel between the HTP-1 and SHD... but I'm a big fan of miniDSP and know Tony fairly well, so I try to support them when I can. I also have 6 subs I use with the HTP-1 for movies and TV... add to the 4x SB16-Ultras an extra pair of PB16-Ultras, that I don't...
  13. Sonnie

I have what is probably a convoluted way of handling my calibration setup with two systems... or really just two processors, one for two-channel and one for multi-channel. My room is indeed dedicated, so it makes a difference in how I setup the calibration. Everything in the room is pretty...
  14. Sonnie

Good points on both. I'm not so sure I agree with the better implementation of Dirac Live on the NAD. I have the Monolith HTP-1 with DLBC, but I much prefer the 2.0 implementation for my subs in the SHD. I have 4 subs for music, and I prefer my own time alignment using REW's timing reference...
  15. Sonnie

Probably just the wrong person answering the question... it can certainly happen.
  16. Sonnie

I believe several of us have verified otherwise if you look back at the pics we took of the inside. I have two models within a few months of each other from end of 2020 to beginning of 2021... they are different internally.
  17. Sonnie

Has anyone noticed any turn-on thump/pop with the SHD? I know we typically turn on the amps first, but curious if I'm swapping processors while the amps are on, turn off my HTP-1 and turn on my SHD... is there any noise. I also know I can test it, but just curious if it is obvious before I...
  18. Sonnie

I'm obviously not Amirm, but that question has been answered in this thread. The hardware was updated/changed end of year/first of year (can't remember the exact date). If you go back a few pages, you can see the part that was changed, and it has no affect on the sound. The firmware and...
  19. Sonnie

Woohooooo! https://www.minidsp.com/forum/announcements/18895-new-volumio-build-1-099-for-shd-series
  20. Sonnie

And there's still the popping issue. My NEO3 unit is collecting dust.
Top Bottom