Search results

1. E

Minimum ideal listening distance?

In my small-ish room (4.5mx5m) the best I can do is 1.75m between me and the speakers. I've pretty much decided on Wharfedale Lintons for my next speaker upgrade but I'm worried 1.75m isn't enough. What do you think?
  2. E

Big amp small speakers- too risky?

I'm fairly well decided on getting a Parasound 2250v2 to use in my future (1 year off hopefully) listening haven where it'll drive proper floorstanders. I haven't bought the floorstanders yet. In the mean time I listen to bookshelf speakers (see specs below). Were I to set the new amp up with...
  3. E

Relative importance of each component

I'm building a system for music listening and trying to make good choices, trying to prioritize. Would you change anything on this list in terms of how much each component effects overall sound quality? 1- Speakers 2- Amp 3- EQ/DSP (controversial I know but it can help so much if implemented...
  4. E

Is a preamp right for my needs?

Currently looking at the Parasound Halo P6 for when I move into my next place where I'll (hopefully!) have a dedicated listening room with a home theatre. HT will be secondary- music first but I'd like it to be relatively easy to switch between the two modes. The P6 has 3 things that caught my...
  5. E

Amplifier help

My current amp for music listening is a Marantz PM-7200. I just got a Denon X4700H to use in a home theatre when I move in a few months. To test it I put it in place of the Marantz. After going thru the Audyssey setup process there was a distinct widening of the sound stage- better/wider stereo...
  6. E

Would this work?

Hi and thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm struggling to figure out what is best for my budget- which is in the $500 range for the amp in question here. I'm going to add a pair of passive speakers to my desktop setup (replacing active speakers). The source is the pc and currently it's...
  7. E

Check my logic please

I want either an all in one DAC/AMP box or stack that has outputs for 2 pairs of powered speakers, a sub and a headphone amp. I'm looking at boxes like the Topping DX7 Pro (that have one ea. balanced and unbalanced outputs and hp amp) but before I pull the trigger on that I want to see if...
Top Bottom