Search results

1. D

Sabaj A20d 2023 DAC & HP Amp Review

Interested to read more about these too.
  2. D

Looking for a s simple headphones amp to use with a CD player

Thanks for your input. I've recommended my friend to get the A10h. Hopefully he won't cheapen out haha.
  3. D

Thanks for your offer. I assume you're in the US, shipping cost to the EU will unfortunately kill any savings :( Yes, exactly. It might be possible to permanently plug it to an outlet with a phone charger, but I'm unsure how good that is for rechargeable batteries life. Mentioned this one...
  4. D

Thank you, I will check it out. Thank you. Doesn't seem to be available to his country. But I'll search elsewhere. Thanks. Not entirely sure what this means. He wants something that can just be plugged to an outlet. The portable ones appear to me like they need to be recharged every time. I...
  5. D

Thanks. My friend is quite "lo-tech". He currently doesn't have use for any of the rich features the DX3 PRO has to offer. Basically he's just looking for something that isn't as limited in gain as the Onkyo built in headphones amplification. It's not even a super common issue. I only figured...
  6. D

On the Onkyo CD Player? L/R RCA, Optical and coax. TRS on front for headphones: https://emea.onkyo-av.com/home-audio/cd-players/c-7030-2 L/ He really hates it cause it skips on some CDs that are brand new for no good reason and don't skip on other players. But yeah, funds are not high atm so...
  7. D

Thank you. It looks good and has a great review here as well. An increase over $75 results in 17% VAT, but it's often possible to get lower value declared from China. Any thoughts about this model from the same brand?: http://www.sabaj.com.cn/en/productshow.asp?id=64
  8. D

Hi, A friend of mine (I swear it's not me!) has a large CD collection, and due to marital restrictions, he can only listen to them with headphones connected directly to his Onkyo CD player. He'd sometimes complain some CDs sound terrible, and these usually turn out to be CDs that are mastered...
  9. D

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

Which companies dominate the market?
  10. D

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

Great reading and seeing all the posts. These kind of shows make me wonder if there is really room/market for so many expensive brands.
  11. D

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

The big question is: does it have an audiophile grade rope inside the sleeve?
  12. D

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I have read it, thanks. Was just making sure I'm understanding it right. Not like there seem to be any other option with just one USB port.
  13. D

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

So the USB-C here is both to power and for input?
  14. D

BIC FH6-LCR Center Speaker Review

Surely there is something in-between the unobtainable $268-$500 Infinity and $2000-$7500+ Revel/Kef that would do well enough? Maybe just not reviewed here yet.
  15. D

Merely pointing out why non of these would work for me, and I suspect for many others as well.
  16. D

1) Not been available in ages. $268 only when on sale. Official price $499.95. 2) Expensive, bulky, glossy. 3) Expensive, bulky. Discontinued? 4) Super expensive, has similar dimensions and weight to a small child.
  17. D

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

It's a 104 kg. Are you gonna carry it to the lab? :)
  18. D

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

I read somewhere someone claiming the MX123 is really a pimped up Marantz AV8805. I don't remember where but he made a point that both remote controls look identical.
Top Bottom