Search results

1. sloth_kwj

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

That waveguide was designed by Lars Risbo for Purifar's new 8" demo. It used Mundorf AMT tweeters and was optimized using COMSOL. I don't know if this will be a public design like the SPK5,8, but it hasn't been released yet.
  2. sloth_kwj

It's because I'm greedy :)
  3. sloth_kwj

I was the one who visited Purifi. I considered posting here, but they are already very busy. I didn't want them to get a bunch of mails because of my post, so I decided not to post it. Instead, you can ask me and I'll explain it to the best of my knowledge.
  4. sloth_kwj

Can I optimize waveguide with MATLAB?

Thanks for replies! Now I have to learn ATH... Is this really running on CMD? I'm just preparative DIY user and engineering student who want to learn about acoustics.. It's for my curiosity!
  5. sloth_kwj

Can I optimize waveguide with MATLAB?

I'm not really familiar with matlab, but i want to try out. As my short search, optimization is focus on DI...and nothing else Anybody help?
  6. sloth_kwj

BEST 10inch subwoofer for sealed enclosure?

So implement in shallow box, curved can be changed by acoustic suspension?
  7. sloth_kwj

"active" is differ to dsp, right? Designing active crossover is more difficult then using dsp+passive.
  8. sloth_kwj

I can't find better driver that has low IMD as M74B
  9. sloth_kwj

Oh, 3,5rd harmonic distortion peak due to hysteresis peak in on axis could be tame by DSP? I didn't know that. As I study, making high impedance by passive series notch filter in that curve is only solution.
  10. sloth_kwj

Obviously. Very challenging project. In measurement, it's not problem to me. I could get klippel measurements.
  11. sloth_kwj

Exactly. Super YES Can I ask what graph is this? Might be average crestfactor? Thanks for new suggestion and simulations! I might not play over 86dbspl at most, 96dbspl for max target spl which use in measurements, +12db headroom is enough I think?(I don't know well)
  12. sloth_kwj

As I saw in Hificompass review, he said breakup made by hysteresis in voicecoil which is 15khz in M74b only could be tamed by passive notch filter. Is he wrong?
  13. sloth_kwj

My most important part of this design is low distortion and nice design. I thought using 8" instead of 6" will give lower IMD and extend internal volume for side woofer. Thanks for advices, I have to rethink about using 8". Also I saw SB26, designed nice, but I can't find klippel measurements...
  14. sloth_kwj

I don't want to use separate subwoofer. Also I'm using passive crossover in T/M because tame to big breakup in middome and in low passive crossover, it cost a lot. Also I prefer sealed enclosure no port, no PR.
  15. sloth_kwj

Exactly what I'm looking for:)
  16. sloth_kwj

Thanks for recommend. I think you mean HO, right? I saw Dayton reference subwoofers are beast. I have to find out differences between HO,HF,HFA..
  17. sloth_kwj

1. I'll use hybrid crossover. Hypex Fusion plate amp + passive for midrange and tweeter. I already know had experienced good result with this approach. 2. As I heard Bliesma T25B with 'Panda' made by @Jason K , tweeter sound was amazing. And I always go crazy with 'midrange dome'. So I picked...
  18. sloth_kwj

In this case, I define "best" as low multi-tone distortion, nicely controlled directivity, nice tone balance and enoughly deep low extension. And mostly, good "SIGHTED"
  19. sloth_kwj

Thanks for good suggestion! Klippel data on website and outstanding performance. Do yo know aprox price for pair?
  20. sloth_kwj

size is aprox. 250x200x400. I can call this huze bookshelf. But in modern design concept, I don't think tower(floor standing) design is cool and simple.
Top Bottom