Search results

1. holbob

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

That Facebook post has reminded me of the Father Ted writer Graham Linehan. Lost his musical, his friends, his career, his wife, and his children, to rant about transgender people on the Internet. He's still going today - all because some woke people noticed one of his IT Crowd episodes was...
  2. holbob

I think we should let Erin move on. He clearly doesn't want this to continue, and looked and sounded very anxious. I think he's had a needlessly horrific week. I hope he doesn't receive anymore threatening manipulative e-mails next week.
  3. holbob

Off topic but what do you think of the current hifi main reviewer on AV Forums? Comes across as a what hi-fi wannabe. Shame as their tv reviews have always been technical excellence.
  4. holbob

This Tekton guy is 3 tweeters short of a nest. Maybe Erin should put up the new review with just the graphs rotating for 20 minutes solid and no comment from Erin. Then the guy would have to sue Erin and Klippel.
  5. holbob

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Because youtubers create bespoke tests to describe amplifiers with less gain as "anemic" because it doesn't fit their very narrow usage requirement. With the Fosi v3 I still have 20db of headroom even at the loudest mark I ever listen at. Usual volume it's 28-30db headroom and that's with...
  6. holbob

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I'm doing the muthering lottery tonight.
  7. holbob

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Never has a speaker company had such a variance of quality between their various models, regardless of price. The Linton and Diamond 12 series are excellent.
  8. holbob

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Lincoln, England
  9. holbob

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

Whatever Wiim and Fosi do with implementing a subwoofer out and crossovers for mains out and subwoofer out will prove completely useless unless they also add the ability to delay the main speakers.
  10. holbob

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Just bought these from Supefi UK (the above link). They come with free delivery, there is a 5% code for new customers bringing the price to £474, and if you go through topcashback, the cashback brings the price down to £458. For a pair of Revel M16.
  11. holbob

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Revel Concerta2 F35 £724 after applying ebay code. (cheap even before the code). https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235310136457?hash=item36c993bc89%3Ag%3AgwsAAOSwtJRlXffY&_trkparms=%2526rpp_cid%253D6560e59a1dd0cd53e755745d
  12. holbob

Looking for solutions to PC noise coming through stereo monitors

I tired a basic RCA to XLR cable beforehand and it did nothing.
  13. holbob

Looking for solutions to PC noise coming through stereo monitors

I solved this very problem only 2 days ago. Bought some Kali LP-6v2, and kept hearing LOUD noises during video games, basically it was the GPU noise as it was kicking in. Buzzing noise rather than hard drive noises, it was still there outside games but quite under the radar. I tried...
  14. holbob

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

Somebody professional and serious maybe.
  15. holbob

That's what he could have done, but instead he made shit speakers.
  16. holbob

Once upon a time, in a world plagued by the devastating effects of global warming, there was a man named Danny. Danny was the owner of GR-Research, a company specializing in high-fidelity audio products. Little did anyone know that Danny's passion for music and his innovative audio solutions...
  17. holbob

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Then do it! RCA to balanced is safe (not the other way round). A lot of the current studio monitor favourites tend to have RCA input nowadays though, but it often comes at a cost with pc input in the form of possible interference.
  18. holbob

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

My M300SE popped like a mofo when literally anything was changed. PC, normal TV or nvidia shield. Put my Flex back in and all went away again.
  19. holbob

WiiM pro + power supply can probably be bettered - measurements

Dunno, i'm using a cheap usb c cable from the pro to a usb 5v input on my cheap power strip. Electricity is definitely supplied.
Top Bottom