Search results

1. Ongii

How to EQ (for headphones) the output of an AVR?

Hello! My Marantz cinema 50 has limited equalization possibilities, on the headphones output. On the autoeq website, I saw that even with headphones which are already well balanced like Sennheiser HD650, there are worlds between the final results of equalizing with such a simple system like an...
  2. Ongii

Quality of headphone amp in AV receivers

Hello! What is the quality of the headphone amp/output of standard AV receivers? (I'd like to keep the minimum amount of devices, if this doesn't affect performance). Thanks!
  3. Ongii

How to use AVR to listen to multich music from PC (display issue)?

Hello folks out there! Any hints on how to listen to multichannel music with an AVR, from a Windows PC? Connecting via HDMI creates an additional "display" were you may move your mouse pointer to, and -even worse- applications may start on that display, and you aren't able to grab them and...
  4. Ongii

AVR or Processor with Dirac Live, dual/independent subs, multichannel USB? (For PC as source)

Hello All, Does such "perfect" device (either AVR or Processor) exist, to be used with a PC as source? If not, what features have the most importance? I assume... 1) Dirac Live (room correction is really important) 2) Dual/independent subwoofers (meaning: DL treatment of the subwoofers in a...
  5. Ongii

VST replacing JRiver's Parametric Equalizer and Upmixing

Hello! Any suggestions for (free?) VSTs suitable to replace these two functions/DSPs? 1) Output Upmixing (I need to go from 5.1 to 8 channels) 2) Parametric Equalizer (to move bass frequencies from L and R to my two subwoofers) Thanks! Lorenz (Ongii)
  6. Ongii

Communication between PC and Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Hello! Is the following flow actually possible? My idea is to use the focusrite as a kind of source selector (not both active concurrently), and the PC with JRiver, hosting a Bass Management DSP (redirecting bass from the front speakers to a pair of stereo subs) and Dirac Live DSP. All the...
  7. Ongii

Comfortable set-up: PC with Dirac Live, 5.2 stereo subs, Headphones, Turntable?

Hello All, maybe someone has "the idea" I am looking for, since several months. My requirements: - Dirac Live room correction (I have the multichannel PC license) - 5.2 system, with two separated stereo (!) subs - volume control via rotary switch and ir remote - possibility to switch to...
  8. Ongii

Multichannel amplifier, analogue only? (No video section, but with volume control)

Hello All, are you aware of modern multichannel amplifiers without all the decoding stuff? I have a PC as source (5.2 configuration), a Focusrite Scarlett as DAC and would be happy with such a device. In detail I would need, in the same envelope, a multichannel volume control with remote, 2...
  9. Ongii

Preamplifier multichannel (more than 7 channels) with remote and headphone amp

Hello! Do you have any suggestions for a gear having the requirements in the thread title? I'd obviously consider also used stuff. Please consider I live in Germany (because of availability). Although I don't need at all video capabilities, I suspect that there will be not so many equipments...
  10. Ongii

AIYIMA 7.1 Amplifier... any information?

Hello! Anyone out there having this one? link to Ali Express 7 channels x 20w each I'd like to know what chip is in there...
  11. Ongii

7 channels AVR or Power Amp mating a setup with Zu Audio as front

Hello All! I use an HTPC with Dirac Live as source. Have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 as multichannel DAC. My front speakers are Zu Audio Union MOC. The rest of the 7.2 is Klipsch. Currently I use a Marantz SR6003 as amplifier, using only its 7.1 multichannel input. However, I got better results...
  12. Ongii

Set of SMSL50 as multichannel power amp?

Dear All, looking at the prices of multichannel power amplifier, I was asking myself why not stacking 4 SMSL amps (as I already own one) to create a power amp. Major drawback I see at the moment would be the mess of 4 power supplies and related cabling... Or am I simplifying too much my very...
  13. Ongii

ESI Gigaport EX USB Multichannel DAC ...is it asynchronous?

As per title. I am interested in this multichannel DAC, and would generally prefer it against an HDMI DAC (like the Essence Evolve, for instance). However, I can't find information on the web if the ESI is actually an asynchronous implementation. Thanks in advance for any hint. Kind regards from...
Top Bottom