Search results

1. Ongii

How to EQ (for headphones) the output of an AVR?

@Chromatischism I gave up. The Qudelix was not always seen by the AVR, so at the end I decided to keep my headphone amp for listening with headphones, the only source being the PC. And the AVR I use now only for loudspeakers. It's not nice, but if you want high quality..
  2. Ongii

@IAtaman Yes, exactly, that's my use case. My Marantz is stated to be capable of both Bluetooth receive and transmit . It has digital output only as HDMI
  3. Ongii

And what if I let the AVR transmit to a Bluetooth headphone?
  4. Ongii

Hello! My Marantz cinema 50 has limited equalization possibilities, on the headphones output. On the autoeq website, I saw that even with headphones which are already well balanced like Sennheiser HD650, there are worlds between the final results of equalizing with such a simple system like an...
  5. Ongii

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

...and, by the way... I tried 3 different bluetooth headphones, and none of them has been seen by the AVR :facepalm: :mad:
  6. Ongii

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

Hello! My goal is to use Dirac Live when listening with speakers, and also to equalize when listening with headphones. I read in the manual, that a basic equalization for headphone output is available, but I'd like to take all the advantages of this technique. May I use Audyssey on Zone2 Output...
  7. Ongii

Sonoro Maestro Quantum

I checked the operation manual, and it says you can use the pre-out for two (independent?) subwoofers. So I question myself if this unit will ever support Dirac Live Bass Control (DLBC)? @Flak , what can I tell us? :)
  8. Ongii

Parametric EQ on Foobar

Hello! I tried to manage Headphone EQ MathAudio plugin directly in foobar, but is simply doesn't activate. Is it because I use an ASIO output device?
  9. Ongii

Quality of headphone amp in AV receivers

OK... thanks. I'll look for a dedicated headphone amp, to insert in the chain between the source (HDMI) and the AVR (that I keep, for listening multichannel with loudspeakers). At the moment I have found only an Essence device. An alternative would be to use a digital output from the AVR, but...
  10. Ongii

Review and Measurements of Essence HDACC II-4K HDMI DAC

Can it pass-through an untouched (multichannel) HDMI coded(DTS, Dolby...) audio video signal? For example in stand-by mode? I'd like to put in the signal chain between the source and the AVR, so to get advantage of the better headphone amp of the Essence, compared to AVR (...if this is actually...
  11. Ongii

Quality of headphone amp in AV receivers

Hello! What is the quality of the headphone amp/output of standard AV receivers? (I'd like to keep the minimum amount of devices, if this doesn't affect performance). Thanks!
  12. Ongii

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

Thank you @18000rpm ! I am asking because I would like to understand if I can create a 5.2 signal on the PC and send it "as is" over HDMI to the Cinema 50, put in direct mode (I think this is the name of the mode in which the signal is not further processed by the AVR). This procedure would be...
  13. Ongii

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

Hello! When you connect the AVR to a PC, what channel configurations are available? Only 7.1? Or also for example 9.4? thx
  14. Ongii

How to use AVR to listen to multich music from PC (display issue)?

Thanks. I forgot to add the information that I already use two screens, independently. I will modify my first post. So, I cannot duplicate 2 of 3 screens, and use the 3rd independently. :( Or can I, actually?
  15. Ongii

How to use AVR to listen to multich music from PC (display issue)?

Hello folks out there! Any hints on how to listen to multichannel music with an AVR, from a Windows PC? Connecting via HDMI creates an additional "display" were you may move your mouse pointer to, and -even worse- applications may start on that display, and you aren't able to grab them and...
  16. Ongii

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

https://www.whathifi.com/news/onkyo-is-set-to-return-to-europe-under-the-ownership-of-sharp-in-the-autumn I just found the above. Promising.
  17. Ongii

AVR or Processor with Dirac Live, dual/independent subs, multichannel USB? (For PC as source)

1500€ Obviously, I'd consider the used market. BTW, if nothing is feasible, I'll stick to my current setup, which means that to listen to the turntable I have to start manually the "Listen to ASIO..." function of JRiver.
  18. Ongii

AVR or Processor with Dirac Live, dual/independent subs, multichannel USB? (For PC as source)

Actually, I am aware only of Pioneer SC LX 89 OK, so I'll look for an Arcam device. A completely other approach would be to buy a minidsp 88a between an AVR (any one with preouts) and power amplifier. But I assume the additional DAAD cycle is the worst compromise?
  19. Ongii

Hello All, Does such "perfect" device (either AVR or Processor) exist, to be used with a PC as source? If not, what features have the most importance? I assume... 1) Dirac Live (room correction is really important) 2) Dual/independent subwoofers (meaning: DL treatment of the subwoofers in a...
Top Bottom