Search results

1. M

Cab someone explain what is going on here? Strange room measurements difference

Well, because of the excessive smoothing on these graphs, I don't find they correspond well into what I'm actually hearing. And a sub won't solve the huge dips I measurend in the 200 hz and 450 hz region. Both very important regions for the body and bloom of especially male voices and the warmth...
  2. M

Hi Freddylost, Well, since you are 'addicted to fun and learning', as your handle says, you'll be pleased to learn how insightfull this simulation is. Without having a calibrated mic and without running rew (yet), I did some crude measurements with the KRK app, a db-meter app and plotted the...
  3. M

Hi everyone, thanks for joining in on this discussion. Conclusions to me, so far, is that my hypothesis of fraud can be ruled out. Accoustic treatment, especially when there are budget and aesthetic constraints, cannot fix any dips and nulls. It can merely improve what is already there. And...
  4. M

Hey thanks man, that was a really fun app. Made me see the value of getting a calibrated usb mic and doing the rew measurements myself.
  5. M

thank you for going through the trouble. Indeed, a rolled off low and supressed low mid, which makes everything sound hollow and thin. A bit like the PC speakers you'd hook up to your computer in the late 90's.
  6. M

Hi Chrispy, Here are all data measured by the firm. Pic 1: before, sitting down at LP Pic 2: before, standing up at LP Pic 3: before, graph overlay sitting (purple) vs standing (red) Pic 4: before, spectogram sitting Pic 5: before, spectogram standing Pic 6: before, RT-60 sitting Pic 7 idem...
  7. M

Thank you for this interesting answer. Of course, being a living room, there had to be compromises. If they had gone all out without esthetic or budget constraints they would have covered 45% more surface area than is actually the case. It is a very large room for European norms. So maybe I'm...
  8. M

I can see your point, scale is different. A reassuring thought, but as I wrote in other replies, when sitting down at LP sound is very thin, bass lacks or goes missing. However, when standing up, things get a lot better. Bass returns, still sooewhat uneven but acceptable. That, to me indicates...
  9. M

Thanks for joining the conversation. It’s indeed hard to correlate the graph from the firm with what showed up in the elac sub app. Especially since the elac data corresponds more to what I’m hearing when playing a bass sweep, or even good old music (imagine that, just playing music through our...
  10. M

Well, they did extensive measurement. A whole study actually, prety thorough
  11. M

I was thinking of going that path, but you know, it's a professional studio biulding firm. I woulnd't stand a chance.
  12. M

I whish! I could by a truckload of minidsp's for that amount!
  13. M

A lot, 6 bass trap modules (2 of each at 40, 70 and 130 hz) hidden behind a fake wall of Wood-upp akupanel on the one side and acoustic cloth on the other side. The details of the traps are in the attachment. it's very nicely done and absolute professional craftsmanship in the installation, but...
  14. M

Hi everyone, I'm mystified by the measurements I've added here. Some context: I've had horrible bass response in my room and consulted a professional accoustical firm (that works for studio's, broadcast stations etc) to fix it as much as possible with room treatments. Now, pic 1 & 2 are the...
  15. M

Is my room too square? 26x24

Thanks for taking the trouble. I did visit the amroc room mode calculator and it gave more or less the same results, but I wasn’t sure how to evaluate these data. Not optimal indeed. Goid news is: the room is big. It should be able to accomodate large three way floorstanders. At my current LP...
  16. M

Is my room too square? 26x24

Hi there, Would you consider a 26x22 ft room too square to be good for sound? It’s exact dimensions are (lxwxh) 26’11” x 22’4” x 8’10” or in the metric system 8m22 x 6m82 x 2m70. Although not mathematically square, would you consider this to be too square to avoid sonic havoc? (Not asking for...
  17. M

Will elevating speaker height help countering vertical bass null?

Should look up the exact dimensions but it’s close to 8m20x6m70x2m40
  18. M

Will elevating speaker height help countering vertical bass null?

It’s a wooden floor. Not suspended but over concrete floor plate. Do have a large, thick carpet between speakers and listening position
Top Bottom