Search results

1. GimeDsp

DAC shootout, plus USB filter comparison

I realize this is a touchy subject. I have spend another 10 hours retesting and will post when I can As of now the Grace and D70 beat out the d30 in the testing
  2. GimeDsp

Should we measure speakers past 20k potential SQ and hearing loss issues

I've always found it interesting that we only measure speakers to 20khz. When I see measurements that start to shoot up like crazy near 20k I am always interested about what is going on past 20k. I remember listening to Rupert Neve that he measured his pre amps up to 200khz and designed them to...
  3. GimeDsp

Dirac Wishlist

I have a DDRC-24 from mini DSP and it's using Dirac 3.1.1 Now before you say "bring up this at miniDSP forum" and such, I figured it would be best to compile a bigger user request list before going to them. and if no one else has suggestions then that's cool too. Here is what I wish they would...
  4. GimeDsp

Kanto YU6 desktop use, Review and measurements.

Just got a pair of Kanto yu6 and haven't had much time to listen or measure but from what I have done so far there is something very off with these. Listening so far has been nearfield and they sound like the mid range is sucks out. Male vocals sound like there is an absorber placed over the...
  5. GimeDsp

ASR and AMIR saved my desktop set up :)

Hello ASR friends, a while back I spent some money on this set up for my computer desk that is now relegated to a small bedroom during remodeling. here's my set up. 1. Paradigm monitor SE 2. Topping PA3 amp 3. Jammo slim subwoffer 4. MiniDSP ddrc24 with Dirac 5. white foam acoustic panels not...
  6. GimeDsp

Tweeter array HiFi/HT speakers, any thoughts?

I have heard many types of speakers! there are few things I haven't heard and a tweeter array speaker is one of them. I don't mean full line source. I know some HT speakers are made this way(even THX ones) and also Mcintosh. I wonder what the benifits and limitations of these designs are? XTZ...
  7. GimeDsp

Help me feel good about my MiniDSP DDRC-24

So I bought this unit for my desktop set up. I am doing a lot of renovation and had to move my desktop into my bedroom and my speakers and desk are crammed into a corner and against a wall. The miniDSP and dirac have done a good job of taming the boundary issues, I just don't know if it sounds...
Top Bottom