Search results

1. GimeDsp

Tom Danley’s new ‘Hyperion’

Too much BLACK!!!! Looks like fun.
  2. GimeDsp

Kanto YU6 desktop use, Review and measurements.

Ill try it out sometime this week and let you know.
  3. GimeDsp

Kanto YU6 desktop use, Review and measurements.

5 month follow up. Good. sound is decent allow bass is a little boomy, dropping bass EQ down helps a little and hurts a little. Once I went to smaller stands tilted up they sound 100% better zero hum/hiss Bad. Bluetooth is always on and searching Sound is a little boomy, EQ helps a...
  4. GimeDsp

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

They saved money on welded stand offs to provide you with an extra screw to use as you wish.
  5. GimeDsp

Questioning the MiniDSP 2x4 sound quality.

DB/spl level can be very important when comparing closely matched gear. even .5db different can make two same sounding pieces sounded different, but my experience with miniDSP is different, I found the ddrc-24 sounded worse then all my other gear at any and every level. I have been mixing live...
  6. GimeDsp

Questioning the MiniDSP 2x4 sound quality.

that's the way I felt too. I have lots of DAC's and a few DSP's and EQs and they all are good for me accept the mini DSP. I guess it all depends on the person.
  7. GimeDsp

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

I was looking at those but they got a lot of bad reviews regarding hiss. Be good if they fixed that.
  8. GimeDsp

I believe the original have the the "glass woofer" and class A/B. The evo has a different woofer and class D now.
  9. GimeDsp

I was going to get these but I couldn't get over 2 things. 1. The little slits/slots for the removable grill to go into 2. What I believe to the unique sound squarish speakers have. Not sure what it is.
  10. GimeDsp

DAC shootout, plus USB filter comparison

Full write up to come soon when time permits.
  11. GimeDsp

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

I've always liked my SMSL stuff.
  12. GimeDsp

DAC shootout, plus USB filter comparison

I realize this is a touchy subject. I have spend another 10 hours retesting and will post when I can As of now the Grace and D70 beat out the d30 in the testing
  13. GimeDsp

Bookshelf-Sized CBT array - Constant Directivity through 5,000hz

Last I heard(read) they were sent in for testing. I think regardless of performance the community here would like to see results if they were ever tested. However from a business stand point I can see taking the option of not posting the review. I for one really want to see these tested. They...
  14. GimeDsp

Dirac sounds really bad - am I doing something wrong?

Speakers with skinny baffles/fronts have a sound to them, speakers with larger baffles have a sound to them. Even accounting for FR correction via DSP they still have a unique sound. It isn't surprising the preference was for a my hyped low end in this case. Perhaps someone with more experience...
  15. GimeDsp

LSA Voyager GAN 350 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

The problem is people need your money. Solution is Gan.
  16. GimeDsp

LSA Voyager GAN 350 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Not a good showing so far for Gan in home audio. At least the car amp was good.
  17. GimeDsp

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

Cool. I remember the good old days with my lowered pickup and 4 12"s in the back. lol. Funny how many "upgraded" factory stereos are still not great,
  18. GimeDsp

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

AMAZING how well this one performed compared to the kicker I sent in. I think Amir can really do a good service if more people send in auto stuff. Thanks Amir!
  19. GimeDsp

JBL CBT 70J-1 Review (Constant Beam Transducer)

Hi Amir, I am looking at getting 2 of these or the 1000, did you mention what the vertical directivity switch was set to?
  20. GimeDsp

Rega IO Review (stereo amplifier)

This amp would go great with Audioquest cables and conditioner.
Top Bottom