Search results

1. jsrtheta

FS: TUBES FOR LITTLE DOT AND SIMILAR HEADPHONE AMPS/PREAMPS/BUFFERS

EF95/5654/6AK5 Tubes 1 pr. GE 5654/AK5 "JAN" ("Joint Army/Navy") boxed military-grade. $20.00/pr. 1pr. Tung-Sol 6AK5 (5654) boxed tubes. Used. $10.00/pr. 2 pr. RCA 5654/6AK5. No boxes. Used. $10.00/pr. 1 pr. Sylvania 5654/6AK5. No boxes. Used. $10.00/pr. 1 pr. RCA 5654/6AK5/EF95 - Like new...
  2. jsrtheta

CD Revival? New article

Rolling Stone gifted me with this nifty article for my birthday: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/cd-revival-compact-discs-rob-sheffield-1284487/?fbclid=IwAR2vVB0SCwRq1SJLB5zhluFnFKKuDW43igt2qDuDw0e6g4XuusOr56SaimY
  3. jsrtheta

Ignorant question re: amp repair problem

I have an old Thule PA100, which I've always liked. But it has two issues: First, it developed a horrible turn-on transient that causes the speakers to POP! horribly. I'm assuming a relay issue? Second, and likely a bit too vague, I noticed that there is a very faint hum in the right channel...
  4. jsrtheta

Steve Hoffman Forum

Having way too much time on my hands, I joined the Steve Hoffman forum. First thread I looked at was 14 pages of people asserting how obvious the differences between 16 bit and 24 bit "Hi Rez" recordings were to them. IOW, a 14-page wankfest. Don't think I'll be returning any time soon...
  5. jsrtheta

Port Plugs

I recently decided to insert the port plugs on my Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 stand-mounted speakers to decide if they sounded better that way than they do with the ports left open. (In the past, I did the same with an old pair of Krell K.5s I have lying around.) My subjective (so, take it in that...
  6. jsrtheta

XLR-to-RCA Cables

This is my first actual thread-starting post. I haunt these precincts mainly for what I can learn, and occasionally pipe up about a topic here and there. I have nothing like the technical knowledge, let alone understanding, of most here. I do thank you for everything you've taught me! But I...
Top Bottom