Search results

1. D

Starke Sound Subwoofers

Shouldn't it be just HST + Duties (13% +5% in Ontario). The rate you've mentioned shows around 31%, which seems quite high brokerage charges. I've 2 SW15s coming later ($999 USD). Hope I can self declare to avoid brokerage fees, unless it is handled by Canada Post
  2. D

Mackie MR524 | Studio Monitor | Measurements & Subjective Impressions

@Weeb Labs - Thanks for including the Treble adjustment charts! Would it be possible for you to include the acoustic space (bass adjustment) as well? I've plugged the rear port with foam plugs. Have a Presonus sub8 that only pass 80 Hz and above to the MR524. My speakers are on a table at the...
  3. D

Loxjie D30 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I do have to agree with this. Tidal masters do have boosted highs. I wish Qobuz was available at a decent price in Canada. Apple music is good but there is no way to have it transmit bit-perfect to the DAC on Android.
  4. D

Schiit Magni 3+ and Heresy Headphone Amp Reviews

Got the Schiit Magni 3+ a week back. For a $99 device its pretty decent. Schiit charges $24 to ship to Canada which is a not very reasonable. On the plus side, it reached me in 2 working days. The amp has a slightly richer tonality in the lower frequencies while the treble is airy, yet smooth...
  5. D

Review and Measurements of ifi nano iDSD Black DAC and Amp

It did with my Headamp GL2. Definitely much better than the inbuilt amp. The DAC portion is decent but not comparable to today's DAC standards in measurements.
  6. D

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Does the volume pot work with pass through? Or is it no volume control at all? The product description says use DAC pre-amp function, so I'm understanding that L50 doesn't do anything to the signal at all. Also with the L30, in pre-amp mode, do the gain settings have an impact? I know these...
  7. D

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I've the Topping D50s with an old amp. I'm thinking of two options - Option -1: Get an amp like Drop THX AAA one (With an adjustable gain that is <0dB) to replace my existing amp and keep my D50s Option -2: Sell both DAC and amp. Get DX3 pro+. I'll be primarily using the amp as a pre-amp...
  8. D

HIDIZS DH80S Review (DAC & Amp)

Anyone compare this with the E1DA 9038 series devices?
  9. D

ASR Getting Into Measuring Headphones!

Great news - Looking forward to clean measurements :)
  10. D

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Yup its too subtle to differentiate - noticed that there is a slightly elevated sparkle in the treble region with Linear phase filters compared to Minimum phase ones on the D50s.
  11. D

Got my Topping D50s today after a month long hold up at customs. Setting it up was pretty simple. My chain is PC > Uptone Regen > Topping D50s > iFi iTube > Headamp Gilmore Lite MK2. Sound is pretty good. Compared to my iFi Nano BL, the separation of instruments portrayed is much better...
  12. D

As long as the DAC is true to source, analytical is fine. You can pair it with a tube amp/pre-amp to add some colouration and depth. Good tubes required though.
  13. D

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Any idea what's the op amp used in the I/V stage of the Khadas Tone board?
  14. D

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Nobsound TDA1387 NOS DAC/AMP would be an interesting review - costs CAD 55. AliExpress Link I am yet to try it, but folks I know have loved its DAC tonality. The amp portion is said to be powerful as well, and replacing the existing Op-amp with OPA2156 is said to do wonders to the high frequencies.
  15. D

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

Nobsound TDA1387 NOS DAC/AMP. AliExpress Link I am yet to try it, but folks I know have loved its DAC tonality. The amp portion is said to be powerful as well and replacing the existing Op-amp with OPA2156 is said to do wonders to the high frequencies.
  16. D

Review and Measurements of Schiit Modi 3 DAC

How's the tonality of the Modi 3? Is it warm or uncolored neutral? Thanks!
  17. D

Yup That's exactly what I mentioned - it sounds clinical and it is not my preference as I like some warmth. Also, this tends a bit to the bright side. PS: My original query was the comparison to the tonality of Modi 3 for those who have experienced both.
  18. D

Neutral, slightly bright - lacking warmth, zero coloration - sometimes feels like listening through a grater (raw sounding)
  19. D

How's the tonality of Modi 3 in comparison to the Tone board? I find the tone board to be too clinical with the typical ESS glare which I'm not liking much.
Top Bottom