Search results

1. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

For some reason this thread brings to mind a particular Monty Python sketch
  2. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Spectacular own-goal
  3. Sir Sanders Zingmore

I wonder how @Edgar Choueiri feels about this?
  4. Sir Sanders Zingmore

@Eric Alexander hasn’t been online since Friday. What are the chances that he’ll ever appear on ASR again?
  5. Sir Sanders Zingmore

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

The thing with XTC is that it can sometimes get your senses working overtime
  6. Sir Sanders Zingmore

If someone started a Gofundme thing (or whatever they are called) to buy a different model of Tektons for Amir to review, I would happily contribute
  7. Sir Sanders Zingmore

The etymology of woofer and tweeter

What about squawkers - less commonly used these days (the term not the driver)
  8. Sir Sanders Zingmore

It seems to me that his understanding of the word "litigate" is on par with his understanding of the words "measurements" and "linear"
  9. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Mixing up feet and inches? It’s “Stonehenge” all over again
  10. Sir Sanders Zingmore

I do hope that for complete transparency, the measurements that @Eric Alexander posts will be independently verified.
  11. Sir Sanders Zingmore

And the mature thing to do is threaten legal action?
  12. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Electrostatic speakers?

From the sanders website (with my comments in green) This price includes: *Electrostatic Speakers with 1) aluminum bass driver and 2) revised transmission line This means two panels and two bass units. In combination their stated frequency response is 20Hz to 27kHz +/- 2dB *Magtech Amplifier...
  13. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Electrostatic speakers?

The speakers are the panels plus the bass units. When you say "without subwoofers" are you referring to the bass units? If so, I don't think it's really possible (or sensible) to buy the panels on their own. All the wiring and panel mounting and step up transformer (to supply voltage to the...
  14. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Electrostatic speakers?

Sanders takes directionality and runs hard with it. They are deliberately designed to beam as *much* as possible https://3d3a.princeton.edu/sanders-sound-systems-model-11
  15. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Electrostatic speakers?

Agree with this. Sanders electrostats integrate the panel and woofer via a digital crossover. This allows for a very steep crossover as well as time alignment (as well as EQ to linearise the panel). To my ears the integration is seamless. I *think* the newer Martin Logan’s now have a digital...
  16. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Electrostatic speakers?

Sanders also offers a 30 day in-home trial. I’m an owner and my subjective opinion is that, in the (very small) sweet spot they are up there with the best speakers I’ve heard anywhere.
  17. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

A fine question indeed:
  18. Sir Sanders Zingmore

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

But it’s still there? So what does he mean “pulled from his lineup”? You can even add it to your cart Also why would you pull a product in response to a review - even a slanderous one? What’s the logic there?
Top Bottom