Search results

1. J

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Are you using digital input on both Denon and NAD? If so, you are not just comparing amplifiers, but DACs as well. Nevertheless, if you have already decided on returning the unit then no actions are adviced, but a comparison with external DAC would be interesting. I also remember that NAD C 399...
  2. J

EDIT: I'm feel extremely stupid, I plugged the dongle multiple times to the service USB instead of the one in BluOS module :facepalm::facepalm:. I have some fairly tight fit and cannot pull out the unit completely without removing cables, so I have the just plug it in "blindly". To my defence...
  3. J

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the recently updated Dirac Live iOS application and with C399? I cannot make new measurements because the measurement signal is not outputted (same with the volume calibration signal). I had the beta BluOS mentioned earlier in the thread, but I also tried...
  4. J

Good news about the subwoofer thumb noise issue, a day after my last post I received a beta firmware from the technical support team to test if the issue is fixed and with short initial testing it seems to be completely gone :) I need to thoroughly test during the weekend, but I have high hopes...
  5. J

Seems odd that it comes and goes. BTW, have you tried switching to analog input immediately after powering on the amp and volume up (after few hours of standby), at least for me this always results to very frequent thumbs for the first 1-2 minutes. It almost seems that it is somehow modulated by...
  6. J

Just a quick update on the matter, I managed to get the startup sound recorded and sent it to the technical support. They asked to remotely connect to my device and were able to verify the issue remotely. The issue was moved to the engineering team to work on, I don't know any details of the...
  7. J

I havent noticed any pop between the tracks, but today while playing aroung with settings I noticed that the thumb sound is pretty similar to the sound which is produced when switching between subwoofer on/off from the bluos application. Also dirac on off seems to create similar sound. I’ll try...
  8. J

In my case I dont believe in noisy mains, this is a separate house in a city with underground cable all the way to the house and all in house electrics are only 10 years old. One thing that also came to my mind is some ground loop issue, what sub do you have (I dont at least recall the model...
  9. J

I also contacted the user support and they verified that we are the only ones who has so far complained about it and they are investigating but havent yet managed to replicate the issue. I mentioned this discussion in my message to them. You mentioned replacing the unit once already, but did...
  10. J

Yeah, so I also investigated a bit further, analog inputs seem to have it always present since they are always "active" but digital inputs need to have some signal in them to cause the thumbs. I only tried it with optical 1 , but I assume that's the case with the rest as well. The thumb sound is...
  11. J

I think I had the exact same problem when using analog input, I did not try digital inputs (toslink, coax or HDMI). The amp produced this occasional bump sound from subwoofer and for me the bumbs could occur repeatedly within time of 1-2 seconds and then pause for some time (10-15 sec). I did...
  12. J

At least miniDSP Flex is very pricey in Europe, based on where I'm located list prices of separate devices are following: Bluesound node n130 649e miniDSP Flex 799e Dirac lisence 200e Minidsp umik-1 100e Power amp based on nc252 500-700e C399 list price here is 2599e with the bluos module so...
  13. J

I did not make direct comparison, but I owned M10 v1 before C399 and would say that the C399 is a small sonic improvement. The mids and highs are more detailed and the soundstage is even more precise. In my opinion M10 had tad bit more silkiness in the mids and highs, which was pleasant to...
  14. J

I was referring to my sub volume level being 45/100, no menu item for adjusting sub level out from the C399, but it seems loud enough for my sub atleast. Hi-level being speaker outputs? I have no recommendation regarding this.
  15. J

At least for me the subwoofer level is more than adequate as is and I don't know if the sub level is adjustable even with bluos/dirac (I've only used the iOS app which does not have it). With M10 I had the sub level adjusted to 55 if I remember correctly (on a scale of 0-100) and with the C399...
  16. J

The C399 with BluOS module acts exactly as M-models, crossover is adjustable 40-200Hz and highpass is applied to the mains. Without BluOS module the crossover seems to be fixed (80Hz?). I got to play around with a demo unit without the bluos module and it did not seem to have any crossover...
  17. J

I surely know the functionality you are referring to, but is this really implemented in C390, M32 and M12? I tried to look at the manual of M12 for example and did not found any of that mentioned. I'm just curious if that ever was the case and your comparison to Lyngdorf in this respect, which...
  18. J

Can you elaborate a bit, since I'm not familiar with the mentioned models and what feature you are referring to? At least M12 and M32 do not seem to have two separate configurable preouts for bi-amp? Having owned a TDAI-2170 I don't see any additional features with this respect, and the lack of...
  19. J

Oh my, seems that the C399 suffers from the same intersample distortion as the rest of the NADs, m33, c658 etc. And to top that, the issue is not fixed while enabling the tone controls :facepalm: Perhaps since they dont seem to lower the headroom at least by subjective listening. Maybe this is...
  20. J

Yes, this seems to be the case.
Top Bottom