Search results

1. M

UL type Safety Listings on products?

Hope this is the right place to post this. I'm considering purchasing an amp from outside the US. Should I be concerned about lack of UL (Underwriters Laboratories) type listings on products? Do products from the UK, EU and other countries have these type of safety certifications...
  2. M

Shippers!

UGH!! Thanks FedEx! My 'new' Monitor Audio Silver 300s. Hard to see, but they are gouges and not something that can be buffed out. The seller is being very helpful, but want to send me another pair. I don't know if I trust the shipper. This could happen again wasting everyone's time. Again.
  3. M

ImPORTance of ports

Apologies for the attempted pun. Hope this is the right place to post this. Having 12-18 inches to place a speaker from the front wall, I have been looking for front ported or sealed box designs in speaker. This got me thinking.... How important is port placement? Not only for speaker...
  4. M

Revel F35, MonitorAudio S300, Or Wharfdale 4.3

Hi, I'll be powering the speakers with a Denon AVR X6500H and the lower end will be compensated by a SVS12 NSD. Plan on getting an external amp at some point. I was running Monitor Audio Silver 200s, until the tweeters went south. Now, I'm trying to be very careful with my next purchase and...
  5. M

Do I need an external amp?

Hi, After listening to Van Halen at a moderate volume, (0-98 scale - with volume set on 55) the tweeters in my one year old Monitor Audio S 200s being powered by my Denon AVR X6500H are shot. Blown. No sound emanating from within the MA boxes... They have ceased to be. They are no more... I...
  6. M

Help with speaker set up

After listening to Van Halen at a moderate volume, (0-98 scale - with volume set on 55) the tweeters in my one year old Monitor Audio S 200s being powered by my Denon AVR X6500H are shot. Blown. No sound emanating from within the MA boxes... I was/am a little surprised. And, disappointed. Power...
Top Bottom