Search results

1. M

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I'm an AeroPress guy. Have used an AeroPress for about 5 years now. My go to coffee is an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe from a local(ish) roaster. To me, it's delicious. Almost like a good stout beer. Flavors of dark chocolate, a bit of grapefruit, and an incredible velvety coffee finish...
  2. M

Comedy Favourites

Big Train Featuring Simon Pegg Many greats came from Big Train; David Mitchell, Mark Heap, Simon Pegg, Catherine Tate, Adam Buxton and many others.
  3. M

UL type Safety Listings on products?

Hope this is the right place to post this. I'm considering purchasing an amp from outside the US. Should I be concerned about lack of UL (Underwriters Laboratories) type listings on products? Do products from the UK, EU and other countries have these type of safety certifications...
  4. M

Comedy Favourites

Another great show. Mr. Bean Bean eats lunch in the park
  5. M

Stone Speakers from Italy

Hm... It seems RBH/EMP had bookshelf speakers made of stone. Granite? Maybe it was marble. My Google 'foo' isn't as sharp as it used to be, so I'm having trouble finding them. Bang and Olufsen have a range out using gold and marble in their headphones and earbuds. Wonder how long it will be...
  6. M

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

https://us.kef.com/home-theater/home-theater-separates/floorstanding-loudspeakers/q950-floorstanding-speaker.html Oh no.................................... @sweetchaos I may have to put you on 'ignore'. LOL You're killin' me Smalls!
  7. M

SVS subwoofers

I'm a little late to this party.... I have a SVS SB12-NSD in a medium to small room (14X17) and it's more than enough low end for me and my tastes. I'm not a 'basshead' but I do like to feel the bass as well as hear it. https://www.svsound.com/products/sb12-nsd This may sound odd; what makes...
  8. M

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Jonathon Melvoin of the Dickies also played with Prince and the Smashing Pumpkins.
  9. M

Protocol for sales on ASR

Since private sales are allowed here, I think a 'Members Feedback' thread should be setup. A place for ASR members to post their experience(s) with both buyer and seller so other members will know who can be trusted for transactions. Just a thought....
  10. M

Comedy Favourites

I was wondering if a thread like this existed here. Would I Lie To You .. A.K.A. WILTY is one my favorite shows Kevin Bridges buys a horse.
  11. M

A Call For Humor!

My TT can also be used as a cheese board! o_O
  12. M

Shippers!

UGH!! Thanks FedEx! My 'new' Monitor Audio Silver 300s. Hard to see, but they are gouges and not something that can be buffed out. The seller is being very helpful, but want to send me another pair. I don't know if I trust the shipper. This could happen again wasting everyone's time. Again.
  13. M

NEED ADVICE on a AVR!

Hi @lordkirkis, Welcome to the forum! A couple of questions; What is your budget? Do you plan on adding more channels than the two you're using now? Where are you located? Africa, Asia, Europe, UK, US This information will help us find what may be available in your location or if shipping...
  14. M

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

This, to me, is an incredible project. Playing For Change; Playing For Change is a movement created to inspire and connect the world through music. The idea for this project came from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people...
  15. M

What are we listening to right now..

Him say this is the age of science n technology
  16. M

If you are feeling election anxiety today...

I don't have anxiety. I'm a carrier for sure. :D Forced myself to shut the TV off, then made a phone call to someone in @raistlin65s area to check on a speaker sale. Not much of a sale going at Audio Advisors, but Joe was pleasant. Going outside to deal with some leaves, then coming in to...
  17. M

ImPORTance of ports

I knew it! :) Something felt wrong about my thought but I couldn't put my finger on it. Ah, okay. Thank you for the explanation. I could have been more clear in my OP. I was trying to ask if port size, shape and location make any real difference in the low end or tone of what’s coming out...
  18. M

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

This is extreme, however, still not the most extreme thing an Austrian has done.
  19. M

ImPORTance of ports

Apologies for the attempted pun. Hope this is the right place to post this. Having 12-18 inches to place a speaker from the front wall, I have been looking for front ported or sealed box designs in speaker. This got me thinking.... How important is port placement? Not only for speaker...
  20. M

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

A speaker I would like to see reviewed is the Polk RTi A3. I owned a pair of these and thought they were very good. Especially good for a speaker under $250.00 https://www.polkaudio.com/en/bookshelf-speakers/rtia3 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® woofer, 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and...
Top Bottom