Search results

1. T

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

The guy I want to sell it to says he needs spdif out via the rca from the VIMs. And in spec comparison the company specifies that the generic version doesn't support the spdif out. https://dl.khadas.com/Hardware/Tone1/Specs/Tone_Board_Specs.pdf I'm confused since I'm not that a technical person...
  2. T

I have a quick clarifying question about an ability to get spdif out through the white rca on the generic board, with the other vim boards acting as brains. A person on a respected electrical forum basically implies that its possible to be get spdif out with generic version + vim boards...
  3. T

Could they release a standalone firmware update tool in the future? It's rather annoying to install eval, reboot, install firmware, uninstall eval every time.
  4. T

These were the first places I checked. You can't select frequencies higher than 192 in sounds panel and the applet (tusb control panel) doesn't let you choose anything, just states what your current frequency is.
  5. T

How do you select the 192hz+ frequencies in win 10? I have the latest firmware and 224 driver installed.
  6. T

Where has the factory default firmware gone? I think, I've started having a weird issue with the DAC after upgrading to 1226. Oftentimes the sound would just stop working, with no errors. The device is showed fine in device manager and "playback devices", but it's soundless. Only when you replug...
  7. T

EDIT: The culprit for slow windows audio service initiation and constant "device connected sound" at startup was my external hdd enclosure. It doesn't jive well with the new UEFI boot method, I guess, or with win 10 1809 version. In any case, it's not the toneboard.
  8. T

Ugh, foobar2000 doesn't like when I select maximum hz accessible via the default usb audio 2.0 driver, which is 384000. It says: "Unrecoverable playback error: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)" every time I attempt to play a track. It won't accept anything higher than 32bit/192khz. I...
  9. T

What about the xmos driver? When will the version 2.26 be available,?
  10. T

The board is great, it was detected by win10 instantly via 2.0 driver, I can select all the possible bit-hz modes. But should I install a new driver or stay with the win10 native one? update: Actually, no, I can't select all the formats, I'm limited to 32-384khz. Hmm.
  11. T

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Creative x-fi elite pro. the card was the bomb back in the day!
  12. T

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Why? You just need khadas and atom, and that's it for your headphones/2.0 speakers. You're set4life. :)
  13. T

I meant transparency in "it just werks" sense. :) Thanks for the asnwers. Also, I just assumed that it's a usb audio 2.0 device, but is it?
  14. T

Wait, can I choose not to install these drivers and use win 10's native usb audio 2.0 instead? Installing custom drivers kinda beats the idea of transparent audio device, which can't get affected by software rot/bugs, for you PC.
  15. T

Would be great if Amir measured an encased DAC in the future.
  16. T

I wonder how this board is psu and mb-dependent measurement-wise. Is it a UAC2 device? I also side-glanced some talk about the official case coming, is it true?
  17. T

Topping D30 DAC Measurement and Review

Honestly, not happy hearing about pops and cracks not disappearing completely. The main reason I want to replace my current o2odac with d30 is because it is being marketed as pop-less device with async interface. Also, theoretically I would be getting reduced latency, closer to MB CODEC, with...
  18. T

If you'll be able to, please do.
  19. T

And another question: since d30 is a class 2.0 audio device - does that mean it will have lower latency with the proper driver (win10 now has native 2.0)? Will it be almost as fast as a mobo's built-in alc codec? I remember when I was comparing fiio e10 and ODAC with a mobo's codec, there was a...
Top Bottom