Search results

1. wrigglycheese

Any thoughts on Subwoofers? Measurements and accuracy?

Yeah it's not surprising, to me anyway, many 'forum folk' prefer to avoid face to face, can't think about your answers for half an hour or hide behind text gotta just talk/debate like a man. As one would sitting accross from a mate with a beer, just solid no holds barred conversation and noone...
  2. wrigglycheese

I appreciate this and I have been down this path before hence my mentioning the room more often than not being the biggest obstacle specially when it comes to SUBS! but a good start is a good peice of kit I guess, then room treatment/EQ etc, but honestly I'm not going that deep to it this time...
  3. wrigglycheese

Thanks mate, with so much BS around and constant debate it's so hard to make an informed choice, often anyway. I had a few quid and just wanted to make a nice little small space setup to enjoy, best for my money, but whatever one person says someone else says something else and it's sometimes...
  4. wrigglycheese

The only way possible without actually listening to 10 subs side by side in the exact same position - a lot of reading, a lot of listening to others experience, my own experience and intuition, the fact is I have NO SOLID IDEA. You seem to be under the impression I am a moron. I'd really, and...
  5. wrigglycheese

It's difficult I have 'heard' the REL is more musical, AKA, articulate then SVS. I am new to mesurements but there's more to reproduction than db at particular frequencies is there? Articulation and speed HAS to be a factor at the driver level ?
  6. wrigglycheese

Thank you very much - I am in the UK. I would also prefer sealed box
  7. wrigglycheese

Pretty much. Haven't bought it yet it just seemed to be a good choice for my needs so that's the one I decided on - going mostly on intuition tbh
  8. wrigglycheese

Decided on a Rel T5i I think this will turn my lovely Concept 20 speakers in to what I want. ..... Concept 20 speakers, with a bit more slam and slightly extended low end. :)
  9. wrigglycheese

Looking at adding a bit more weight to my Concept 20 speakers, I have a SUB OUT on my SMSL SA300 - shame no high pass filter but I don't want to pay the extra for an A/V receiver and I also absolutely ONLY want stereo. If there is one place complete accuracy does interest me it's below 80hz...
  10. wrigglycheese

Bitten by the bug and no control as usual..... B&W 606 s2 AE vs Concept 20?

.................................................................................................... There's a reason I am trying to get some impressions on here vs at Richer Sounds mate..
  11. wrigglycheese

GREAT ADVICE mate yeah sure I'll just pop down to Richer Sounds in a global pandemic and start having a cup of tea and demoing speakers. WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!
  12. wrigglycheese

That is some very good, nay EXCELLENT advice - but while measurements are serious business with AMPS and DACS when it comes to speakers and headphones - it's very much about personal taste right? I mean you can not measure detailed seperation, soundstage, and bass accuracy etc can you? For...
  13. wrigglycheese

OH WOW really ? Appreciate a reply which may save me £400 :D Everyone is raving about these AND the Klipsch RM600? Both same price - ish
  14. wrigglycheese

So...... After spending £229 which is a great price for the Concept 20 I can't help wondering what the B&W 606 s2 AE sound like, seems to be some serious hype. THREE TIMES the price.... What you reckon, will I be wowed or.....
  15. wrigglycheese

A huge topic of debate? EXPENSIVE SPEAKER STANDS!

Good stands. With some very good ideas, I DO NOT think they were easy to put together. Even the second one when I had figured out the first, getting those first two screws in like he does in the video... Well, it's luck as first was easy second time was a certified NIGHTMARE. The instructions...
Top Bottom