Search results

1. MrBrainwash

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

I understand your concerns but I see it in a different way. What I wanted glean from it I already gleaned. I used what was avaible to me to improve sound and that worked. At the end of the day you get deviation from your own HRFT, measument errors, sample variations, hearing deficits and so on...
  2. MrBrainwash

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's This is my try of this target by create eq in indirect way. I have comparision to other models eq'ed in direrect way. Therefore I have subjective confirmation that I am more or less close to what was proposed.
  3. MrBrainwash

Without beating around the bush: I created a preset for DT990 pro 250ohm. I'm happy with the result. It was a barbaric approach, but it worked. I equalized the DT990 to match the HD600 using the crinacle tool and added a preset for the HD600, tuned to TheHeadphoneShow's target. Something didn't...
  4. MrBrainwash

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Which profile you have in mind - @oratory1990?
  5. MrBrainwash

Standardized mental techniques / training for better listening?

@kemmler3D thank you for the topic. That's something I had in mind for some time. If I find energy and time I will write my thoughts. For now I have two points. 1) If it comes to gear a lot of our experience is influenced by 'pricing effect' (you can search for the term on wiki). That's level...
  6. MrBrainwash

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

When I equlized IEMs to OE2018 the sound felt as muted to me in that region. Then I discovered that IE2019v2 addressed this and I thought it make sense. Does someone know the logic behind this trick? I don't have any problem with Zero, thankfully. I am aware that we don't hear lowest fr...
  7. MrBrainwash

You already answered yourself. -> I also have several comparisions other than one I mentioned ealier. It's not only different in character but also perceived amount. Although your impression may differe from my. It's not what I am hearing. I would like to add that it's also depend on shape...
  8. MrBrainwash

Amir in his reviews give disclaimer that measurements may not reflect performance of the measured headphones. I reported that I found that bass is above harman level on my pair and some other graphs indicate that. I would usually prefer less. But bass here I think is tastefully done. I was...
  9. MrBrainwash

I never claimed that it's less scientific I only use quote, to emphasis something that you didn't get yet.
  10. MrBrainwash

Not that. It just isn't hard science and there are more targets claiming neutrality, created with no less rigour. Tyll Hertsens had before great article on innerfidelity about why we don't have clear picture how the neutral headphones should sound like (I don't think I am able to replicate his...
  11. MrBrainwash

They are not neutral even for the HTC standards. I don't think there is strict line that we can point to perfect neutrality when we talk about headphone's sound. All of this "science" is aproximation imo. I am make my judgement base on subjective impression and how I feel about it after...
  12. MrBrainwash

I bought a pair of these iems I waited week and I got them today to my suprise. Damn fast delivery as for shipping to Poland. Now these are... The sound is up to my taste. Not neutral though.
  13. MrBrainwash

@Music1969 I tried your EQ + @solderdude sugesstion. Sounds good :) But I didn't compare with anything yet. Thank you.
  14. MrBrainwash

Properly powered and equalized Sundara have decent bass for an open-back headphones. But I understand that for electronic music someone might want different kind of sound. Stock Sundara sure is not perfect with that in regard. I have X2HR which have poorer treble, more bass and somewhat...
  15. MrBrainwash

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

I don't believe in cables. I had the same thought. I just wanted to confirm the "real" possible reason for difference in recording. Sound changes like this must be measurable but what was cause of it: EQ, distortion from bad assembled cable or something else?
  16. MrBrainwash

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

I want to know what's wrong with that review: Does he is dishonest or incompetent to do a proper test or the cable he used had a problem? Do you think some cables can degraded sound in this way?
  17. MrBrainwash

My Topping EX5 review

Sure :) Luckily I found it. Starts from 11:30 Impressions are impressions if you can't shake off them it's only reasonable choice to do a change of the gear to get psychological-aesthetic comfort. And sharing that information can have some usefulness - for example if we find many similar...
  18. MrBrainwash

My Topping EX5 review

The problem is that I didn't saw or heard about any proof for this kind of claims from subjective audiophile community. I can't provide technical details to you (someone from this forum maybe can or can correct me) but from how I understand sound reproduction the transients don't change. @Amir...
  19. MrBrainwash

My Topping EX5 review

The thing is that I didn't heard any equipment that measure well but sounded like 'crackly garbage'. But I had many experiences when I thought I heard a difference but then I couldn't recognized it when doing blind test. I guess differences are not that big to ruin what we hear as much as our...
Top Bottom