Search results

1. S

Calibration tool for Headphone + Hearing capability

Some recommend having the noise on. I don't know the exact reason, I guess it'll have to do with the brain paying more/better attention to the signal. Personally, I didn't find it critical, well, nothing with this process is critical as in you'd have to chase say every half a decibel. But as the...
  2. S

Hi AudioMan, try the 60 or the 80 phon. They correspond to how loud you usually listen. As the difference is just in the bass and the treble regions - the mids are the same, it'll be easy to play with those individually, if you need to. Depending on the drivers and your preferences, you may find...
  3. S

Thank you very much for doing this! As a non commercial project, well, even for a commercial one really, such feedback is the best reward and the best motivational tool. Cheers
  4. S

@g0ne I'll add some comments, mostly on the bass adjustments, based on my experience as a listener and lately - and that is, I think, quite important, as a "headphone manufacturer". I'm not offering anything for sale, but I now have about 15 different modern drivers which I have extensively...
  5. S

@g0ne Let me start with a disclaimer: I quite often have problems understanding what it is being said on subjects which either do not have a well enough developed language (describing sound is a good example), or where people talking are not at the same level with that language. I am way behind...
  6. S

@g0ne As one of the participants in developing this tool I'll try to explain my point of view, from how we implemented it to how I use it. By the way, in case you didn't read my write up on how to best use it, here it is. The last point, 11, is the answer to your question, but I think it pays...
  7. S

Hi Thalis, Did you start with the "Headphones and Hearing Test" configuration? The frequencies you have in your photos do not match those in the config I mentioned. Not that there's anything wrong with the frequencies in your test, but there are a few more useful frequencies in that config...
  8. S

As the other participant in developing this calibration tool, besides Peter, the brain behind it, I feel I should perhaps explain where I was coming from, as a not so much a technical (how to) person, but as someone who wanted such a tool for a very long time to simply enjoy my listening better...
  9. S

Hello everybody, I've been dreaming for such a tool for many years and now it is part of the Peace EQ interface. Has anyone tried it yet? If you use a Windows PC as a music source, give it a go. I was part of the development and so I used it the most. If you need more info than what's on my...
Top Bottom