Search results

1. Pio2001

Have I used too many bass traps ? 100-400Hz decays faster than 500+Hz!

Hi, I don't think that the shallow dip between 70 and 400 Hz is a problem. The RT must be flat in order to ensure that the reverberation, that brings the "sound power frequency reponse" of the speaker to the listening position, has a neutral frequency response itself. So the question is "does...
  2. Pio2001

What Is Your Hearing Frequency Range?

I'm 47. Upper limit : 12500 Hz. No low limit that I know of. My ears hurt when the train goes into the tunnel. Which is lower than 1 Hz.
  3. Pio2001

Room EQ FAQ

Thanks a lot DDF, great summary. Dirac talks about high frequencies, 50, 100, 200 Hz are low frequencies. There is no natural roll-off at these frequencies. An artificial frequency response has to be recreated. Preferences vary a lot. For high frequency roll-off, in an ordinary room with no...
  4. Pio2001

Headphones of electro,EDM,synthwave

Oh, it has a strong peak in the treble range.
  5. Pio2001

Headphones of electro,EDM,synthwave

Hi, Low frequencies are more important in these genres than in acoustic music. Therefore the way headphones reproduce these low frequencies is very important. I'm not talking about ultra low frequencies. What happens below 40 Hz is no more (but no less) important than in acoustic music. The...
  6. Pio2001

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

A big problem with the auto-turn-off of the JBL 305P mkii (I don't know if this is the case with other speakers) is that everytime a track begins after a moment of silence, the first second of music is missing. Everytime I want to listen to something, I have to start the playback twice if I want...
  7. Pio2001

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Thank you for the link ! I'll try these in REW and see if they work better for me. I think that I've get the recent version : the earpads are thinner on the front side.
  8. Pio2001

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Hi, I own Sundara, Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT-880 headphones. My prefered one is the Sundara, although I find the HD600 to have different qualities. The DT-880 is the one I like least. It seems to me that the HD600 is more natural sounding with solo instruments and human voice. The Sundara...
  9. Pio2001

JBL 305P mkII equalization

Hi, The topic was not discussed in this thread, but JBL 305P mkII are very inconsistent from one copy to the next. I have measured separately my left and right speakers, and there are some differences up to 4 dB in their frequency response above 1000 Hz, with several peaks. In order to...
  10. Pio2001

Blind test: we have a volunteer!!!

Also, you still haven't adressed a major problem : how to align separately the left and right gain of each amplifier within 0.1 dB ?
  11. Pio2001

Hi, I am happy to see this blind test being prepared. I have myself setup a double blind ABX test between headphone amplifiers. Maybe it can help if I talk about the problems we encoutered during our test, and the solution we used. Here, during our old test, we had two problems. First, while...
  12. Pio2001

Hi, Any audio interface can compare levels with an accuracy much better than 0.1 dB. That is more difficult with an oscilloscope or a voltmeter. What is very difficult is not to measure the levels, but to align them within 0.1 dB, as many volume settings only operate with steps of 0.5 dB...
  13. Pio2001

A useful little diagram for understanding spinoramas

These diagrams look a bit strange to me. Below 500 Hz, what I get is the behaviour of the room, and it has nothing to do with the sound power of my speakers. Between 2000 and 8000 Hz, however, what I measure at the listening position is exactly the sound power of my speakers.
  14. Pio2001

Royal EQ Rumble! Objective measurements of Dirac vs Audyssey vs REW+EAPO vs Nothing

Hi johnp98, I'm interested in your results, but I can't read the numbers of the vertical scale of your graphs. How many dB are there ?
  15. Pio2001

Cheap DAC (SPDIF to analog), Real Cable Nano Dac

Hello, I have recently been in a situation where I was needing the old kind of DAC. Not the USB one, but the one with S/Pdif input. I had bought a blu-ray player without paying attention, and when I unboxed it, I was surprised to see that it had no analog output ! Only S/Pdif digital out. I...
  16. Pio2001

the response to the target curve discussion? Acoustic and Psychoacoustic Issues in Room Correction with James (JJ) Johnston & Serge Smirnov

MMM and sweep are two measurement methods. Var, Psychoacoustic or 1/3 octave are different interpretations of a measurement. Gated measurement gives yet another kind of information. Waterfall and decay are two drawings of the same thing. All of these give you different information about your...
  17. Pio2001

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

It can also be a variation from unit to unit, rather than from model to model. Maybe some mk2 are more linear and maybe some LSR are less linear. The two mk2 I've got have fairly different frequency responses in their tweeter's range. One of them has the tweeter overall 0.75 dB louder than the...
  18. Pio2001

the response to the target curve discussion? Acoustic and Psychoacoustic Issues in Room Correction with James (JJ) Johnston & Serge Smirnov

Hi ernestcarl, I see that the red curve is labeled "vct avg 20x2 sweeps". If vct avg means vector average, and if the average is taken over several positions, then it is all wrong. Vector average can only be used to sum the signals of two separate speakers in one point. Vector average adds the...
  19. Pio2001

Hi, thank you for the link ! A few thoughts after a first reading: In slide 12, it is said: The only time a zero is not a room storage issue is when the loudspeaker has a zero at that frequency So fix it, already! Once more, with feeling: adding more energy to the room while it’s storing...
  20. Pio2001

Erin's Audio Corner gets a Klippel NFS!

Yes with Firefox ESR on Linux LMDE4.
Top Bottom