Search results

1. T

RME ADI-2 fs or Topping DX3 Pro+

Very little to compare with these 2 units, I am here to attempt to justify the Adi-2 purchase over the Pro+. I can afford the step up to the ADI-2 but I wonder if I will get the most out of it. Carefully comparing the 2 without any eq enhancements they are exactly the same to my ear and...
  2. T

Phono splitter for sampling

Is it ok to use a 2 way splitter from an amp phono output when comparing 2 headphones? I do not notice any output differences when I have done it.
  3. T

Picked up an RME ADI-2 DAC FS; why am I doubting this purchase?

I recently picked up a pair of Hifiman Edition XS and was thinking about upgrading my old system which consists of a Liquid Spark connected to my Asus H170 pro gaming sound card off of my PC. Problem is that when comparing the 2 set-ups with no EQ or other DSP I cannot hear a difference. Of...
  4. T

Can I leave my Heresy powered on all the time?

Currently using a Heresy as my headphone amp as well as preamp to my desktop speakers. I have noticed that it runs very cool as opposed to my Liquid Spark that it replaced. Would it be ok to leave it on all the time?
  5. T

DACs and Amps......what are the real differences?

I know that I am probably going to get beat up for this, but I cannot distinguish any significance between low end ($100) and mid tier ($300-$900) gear. I know that it can be measured but I just cannot hear it. I realize that I probably have somewhat diminished hearing now in my mid fifties...
  6. T

Sundara/XS Amp recommendation

Currently using a Fiio K3, not enough for those 2. It has serviced me well for the past few years with my old trusty Grado SR325 and Sivga Phoenix. I recently picked up the Hifiman Edition XS and then saw that the Sundara was discounted to 300 and could not resist. I want plenty of headroom...
  7. T

Top Choice for SE Solid State Amp

What would be the top choice for an end game solution for single ended amplification?
  8. T

PC Dac Question

Does anybody know if it would it be better to use an amp off of a Creative Soundblaster Z card or off an Asus H170 Pro Gaming MB. I have both and just don't know which would be better for audio. I realize that the Z card is a dedicated sound card but the Asus is about 4 years newer.
  9. T

Y splitter Question

When splitting using a Y type splitter off an amp for headphones does it also split the power equally?
  10. T

Final Amp/Dac Review

I feel like I can finally make a decision on an Amp/Dac combo. I have sampled by purchasing/returning and borrowing several combinations thus far and I have somewhat of a consensus now of what works best for me and my ears. The list of equipment sampled Topping L30 Topping E30 Topping A90...
  11. T

SP 200 XLR to rca compatability

On the SMSL sp200 can you basically convert the xlr input to an rca one? The unit itself is single ended...just curious.
  12. T

Topping A90 or DX7 Pro

I have been hounding you guys to help me with my choices for a source unit for the better part of a month now. I think going back to my original thoughts that I may be best served going all out on an amp....perhaps an end game type that shall serve for long as it lasts. The choices: A90, 789...
  13. T

4.4 pentaconn to 3.5

Can you use a 4.4 pentaconn to a 3.5 mm connection out of the Zen Can to use as a preamp? The adapter I found on amazon is 4 pin balanced on both ends. https://www.amazon.com/Geekria-Balanced-Gold-Plated-NW-ZX300A-TA-ZH1ES/dp/B075165H2M Can I use that and run standard 3.5 (3 pole) to my powered...
  14. T

Headphone Amp/Dac Dilemma!

Through experimentation amongst various products and advice from this forum, I think that I have finally narrowed it down to 2 choices. I am primarily using Sundara headphones and sometimes some old Grado 325's, Senn HD 590, and Sony MDR 1A. Currently I have a Topping L30/E30 ($270) and an Ifi...
  15. T

E30 Question

Does the E30 benefit from plugging into an a/c adapter. If so which is acceptable...... iphone/galaxy one?
  16. T

Atom vs Heresy

For real world SE power what order would you place these amps; THX 788, Ifi Zen Can, Atom, Heresy, and Topping L30. I put them in the order that I think they fit. Just not sure where the Ifi fits with regards to the Atom and Heresy.
  17. T

Recommendation for first amp

Been probing this forum for a few weeks attempting to learn as much as possible. Seems like the only choice for power and flexibility under $400 is a THX 789 or a Monolith 887. Read somewhere that the 789 is not a true balanced amp (don't know if the same goes for the 887), but that it does...
  18. T

Ifi Zen Can....has this unit been measured here yet?

Just wondering....I think that this amp is unbelievable...and is only $169. I compared it to a Topping L30 and that seemed like a toy in comparison. It actually runs even with my Monolith 788 that is now going back as well as that Topping. The Topping is very good on it's own but for close to...
  19. T

Amp/Dac choices; I am still searching!

I have been researching, purchasing, comparing, and learning...mostly from you guys here on this forum. My ears/wallet tell me one thing my heart/gut tell me another. Nothing in this headphone world is perfect. I have boiled down to 3 choices, but more thoughts on that as well. I have...
  20. T

USB vs Digital/Optical

I have a soundblaster Z card and an Asus H170 Pro Gaming MB. Is there any difference between cards for the SPIDIF out? I mean do they "color" the sound (intentionally that is) or are they attempting to send a pure and accurate signal? Is USB interface preferred or will that introduce noise...
Top Bottom