Search results

1. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Anyone sample Sundara vs ED XS vs Ananda vs Arya? I have and Edition XS is the KING....for me because it sounds great and fits my head! There is very little difference between Arya and the XS, whereas the XS blows the other 2 away in my opinion. Sundara is worth half what the XS is priced so...
  2. T

Picked up an RME ADI-2 DAC FS; why am I doubting this purchase?

OK, so only 2 channel. I have to admit that there wasn't a whole lot of difference in sound between any of the dacs that I have auditioned. And to be honest I was happy with running a Liquid Spark amp right off of the sound card from my PC for just headphones. The Adi-2 just does everything...
  3. T

When you say that you use those dacs rather than the dac on your receivers do they also work with multi channel output or is it only for 2 channel?
  4. T

Just decided to take the plunge!! The RME Adi-2 was too great to give up!! It has been a great companion since I added a pair of eris 3.5 and eris sub8 for my desktop configuration Works flawlessly all the time. I still cannot really differentiate a big difference to the Topping pro3 + but...
  5. T

RME ADI-2 fs or Topping DX3 Pro+

That is what I thought. Just wasn't sure what options were available. Thanks
  6. T

This is a little off topic, but if I wanted to use an R2R dac with the RME to have another sound how would you connect it. I assume just an analog to digital converter for $15 on amazon would do it or am I wrong?
  7. T

To my ears exactly the same. Even my Liquid Spark sounded the same run directly off of the motherboard. I have found that just about all dacs and amps sound the same under 2k. Some amps have more headroom and some dacs like the RME come equipped with all the bells and whistles. I find that the...
  8. T

Yeah already have some desktop speakers with a subwoofer on the way. Always wanted to hear what headphone+sub would sound like. Plus my powered Audyssey's are showing their age.
  9. T

Who is turning off every feature? I must have missed something. I agree, a fantastic unit for what it is, but for someone like me who has it tied to a windows PC there is no need to spend over $1k when I can get the same sonic performance for less than $200. And I have figured out a way to...
  10. T

By the way if any of you are interested I have found a way to create a pseudo loudness preset on APO. I use the following EQ settings for my Edition XS: 54hz/+12.5db/0.5Q for the lows 4800hz/+3db/0.1Q with 16000hz/+6db/0.1Q to round out the highs (pre-amp set to -2db for now and the blue...
  11. T

Yes it it can be set anywhere from 1 to 10db increase on both Treble and Bass along with a Low Volume reference that you can adjust -90 to-20.
  12. T

Only ones that interest me are the Loudness, Bass/Treble, and of course the EQ. I wholeheartedly agree that the RME is a fantastic device, especially after reading the manual, that does more things than any other Dac/Amp on the planet. And you are correct in stating that it is a good deal for...
  13. T

That is what makes this so hard of a choice. I really like everything that the RME ADI-2 Dac FS does and the way it looks. And like you say it does bring a smile to your face. But the only useful tools for me are the Loudness feature and Bass Treble adjustments that the Pro X does not offer...
  14. T

I do not think that we are on the same page. My main concern is for headphone performance while running the powered speakers out of the pre-amp is a side bonus that works equally on both the ADI-2 and ProX for my purposes. I am finding it harder and harder to justify the $900 premium that the...
  15. T

So Sorry but I do not understand what that is or what advantages it presents.
  16. T

Yes, I do have those speakers hooked up. But both dacs function as a pre-amp in much the same way.
  17. T

For me it is purely for desktop use set up to a pc with 2 powered desktop speakers. Dac/Amp will mainly be used for the headphones. I do like the dynamic loudness feature on the ADI-2 and all of the other things it provides. But if I could get the software of Eapo to replicate those features...
  18. T

I am referring to the ADI-2 Dac fs. Yes it does have a USB input. Sorry for that lost a key word there.
  19. T

Not sure about the warranty for the ADI-2, but in the manual it states 6 months plus it is mentioned that the length of the warranty period is different per country. Ibelieve that the Topping is 1 year. @Jimbob54; I wonder if there is a loudness button associated with Eapo for low level...
Top Bottom