Search results

1. B

iAMP class D amplifier

I bought this iAMP amplifier from eBay for 30 Australian dollars: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25w-Compact-Stereo-Amplifier-/255180732484 It hums, it's extremely distorted, and it doesn't give anywhere near 25 Watts. Avoid! It was a reasonably fun and very educational experiment for me.
  2. B

Which amplifiers have awesome-feeling volume knobs?

Hi all. I thought it would be fun to have a thread about which amplifiers have volume knobs that just make you happy to use them. :D They feel good on the fingers and have just the right physical dimensions and just the right resistance. Mainly I'm interested in this for all types of...
  3. B

phone dongle just for low-quality voice calls

Can someone please recommend a small, light and cheap USB DAC dongle to use with an android phone? I will be using it with good headphones buuuuuuut it's just for voice calls, so the input signal will be crap and the audio quality of the dongle will be irrelevant (sadly). I hope this is not...
  4. B

What's the easiest way to generate PEQ settings from a frequency response curve?

Hi hi! Edited to add: I thought I needed to EQ some headphones for which I have a frequency response graph. On second thoughts, I don't actually need to do this, so don't bother addressing my specific needs. But I'm not deleting this thread because I don't know how to delete a thread! And...
  5. B

headphone amplifier repair recommendations please (Stax solid state)

Hello! I have a Stax SRM-3 amplifier which I bought from Japan some years ago and had converted to run on 240V mains by a local amplifier repairer. It's always had a slight hum, and recently it's developed some distortion in one channel. Can anyone recommend a repairer? It would be great if...
Top Bottom