Search results

1. M

Difference Denon AVR-X6700H "Updated" vs non-updated?

Does the updated version have TI Burr-Brown DACs?
  2. M

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

What I meant was is the coax output inactive in standby.
  3. M

Why is there a power button in the remote then if it can't be turned off? Standby should power off digital outputs if it would have been implemented correctly.
  4. M

Is the coax digital output inactive when the unit is turned off?
  5. M

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

That doesn't change the fact that Dirac doesn't calculate filters with the microcontroller of the device. A firmware upgrade to the device itself doesn't make the code which runs in PC executable with the microcontroller of the device. But it could contain the code modified so that it can be...
  6. M

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

Dirac and Audyssey also differ in calculating the filters. Dirac uses PC for measurements and calculation. Only filters are applied in the playback device. Audyssey uses the chipset(s) in the playback device for measurements and calculation of the filters in addition to that.
  7. M

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

How are the speaker measurements before and after Audyssey @lc6? You mentioned that DEQ operation was clear on REW measurements.
  8. M

I recall from Denon 3300 that Dynamic EQ works even with L/R bypass. I would at least try if it does.
  9. M

I think without subwoofer the only option for the front L&R size in the settings is large. Then the AVR redirects LFE and bass below crossover of the speakers set to small to the front L&R. Audyssey MultEQ editor mobile app is okay if you wan't to alter the characteristics of the correction...
  10. M

Yes, the SAM Genelec delay is fixed, 5 ms if I recall. And all calibrated SAM Genelecs in the system should have equal distance after the Audyssey calibration, you are correct in that too. What I did mean was that if someone has speakers with and without built-in DSP (like me) they should not...
  11. M

The filters created by the GLM utilize DSP in the SAM Genelecs. That adds delay which means the actual distance isn't the distance based on acoustic delay measured by the Audyssey. I would manually correct delays/distances between front left and right if the soundfield is distorted but...
  12. M

Page for 4800 says designed and manufactured in Japan, 3800 does not.
  13. M

I doubt x700 series could be fitted with Dirac if it wasn't planned from the get-go.
  14. M

ADC measurements

I would also like too see the impact of DSP (crossovers, room EQ) to the SINAD, THD, jitter, linearity etc. If I recall Denon 3400 limited the max volume setting when Audyssey was on and the noise floor was lot higher when volume was set to that maximum versus Audyssey off.
  15. M

ADC measurements

Some manufacturers have issues from DAC to output stage as well. I think that should be adressed first. But I'm not saying measuring ADC performance wouldn't have benefit. While at it, let's check the phono stage too.
  16. M

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

The DAC/analog source that feeds the ADC also has an effect on the sound. So when you say you hear the ADC you hear it but the source also. If the source controls volume and you listen with low volume that may lower the precision of the converted digital signal as low volume means lower voltage...
  17. M

Surround Processor Recommendation for Genelec! Yamaha Vs Denon Vs Canton Smart Connect.

If you would go with unbalanced RCA pre-outs, use coaxial (75 ohm) cables: better isolation for interference. Only ground issue cause for me with Genelecs in the past has been a bad antenna/TV signal line. But a cheap galvanic separator between the wall socket and the cable fixed that issue.
  18. M

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

Maybe they changed some other components as well?
  19. M

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

I hope these would be available in Europe also. None of the new models are. There are the chip shortage and covid issues but still.
Top Bottom