Search results

1. Googolbyte

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

With the measurements for the Arya Organics out, it's clear to me that the "Metamaterial" is doing a lot of work preventing those peaks from going out of control.
  2. Googolbyte

Arya Organic Headphones

Eeeeeesh. What the hell is this? LOL I don't know why hifiman has to go balls to the walls at 5k+ when the bass shelf isn't even that high to begin with. There isn't even any boost in 500 to justify that large treble shelf. This looks terrible. I don't know why Hifiman loves its upper treble...
  3. Googolbyte

Arya Organic Headphones

Definitely waiting on those measurements. My go to cans have been the Audeze Maxwell, and while they're not "hi-fi" or marketed as such, the ability to EQ them to my liking and their default profile matching fairly close to Harman and sounding great made a great impression on me. Given Amir's...
  4. Googolbyte

Arya Organic Headphones

Any impressions or frequency responses? I'm having trouble finding the latter.
  5. Googolbyte

Best Audiophile Bluetooth headphones [2022-12-09]

Audeze Maxwell is officially my favorite headphone, hands down, everything about the Penrose has been totally outclassed and succeeded by the Maxwell, with the small exception of the BT + USB audio mixing not being a feature, which was never important to me to begin with. For me, its like...
  6. Googolbyte

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

One of the things that I noticed that seem to align with Amirm's reviews of his listening tips is that the small hole max size tips definitely maximize the bass. I think that has more to do with the size of the hole rather than the "size" of the tips (size should really just be perfect for...
  7. Googolbyte

Massdrop x Meze 99 Noir Review (Headphone)

These were, hands down, the worst pair of headphones I ever tried on out of the box.
  8. Googolbyte

EQ headphones, why?

No headphone is made perfect for you, so EQ is an absolute must IMO. Hell I'd go as far as saying that there would be strong interest in allowing public consumption of master mixes just so you can EQ the individual channels of sources to your preferences.
  9. Googolbyte

No more ASR Discord - Stop asking.

I want in please!
  10. Googolbyte

$1200 of headphone audio equipment later and the differences in Tidal + Spotify are extremely subtle

Replying to all the comments regarding Peace + Equalizer APO: 1. I have reinstalled the drivers/software etc 2. I do notice a different, but I notice the biggest differences in preamplification. 3. I can hear differences in the upper and lower ranges but again, they're weirdly subtle. It...
  11. Googolbyte

$1200 of headphone audio equipment later and the differences in Tidal + Spotify are extremely subtle

Noice! Thank you! Haha I'll have to try this to confirm sometime. But I imagine the 8 pack tube DAC/Amp combo that the HE-1s came with also influence the sound as well. One of the things I learned testing all those headphones is that charts only have a (reliable-ish) slice of the experience...
  12. Googolbyte

Should I preface a title like that with a Trigger Warning? I don't know. :D I very badly want to enjoy high end audio experiences through headphones, I just want to point that out now. I've listened to a stereo $50,000 and $150000 speaker setup at an audio show room so I know I won't ever get...
  13. Googolbyte

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

I had an SP200 and it had quality issues. The volume knob was scratchy, but the actual quality issue was that it kept turning on/off, and some people showed that the SP200 board layout wasn't true balanced. I had it returned and instead got a Monolith. Measurement wise I don't think the Monolith...
  14. Googolbyte

SMSL SP400 Balanced Headphone Amplifier THX AAA

I just want an SMSL amp that can match the performance of the Monolith so I can have a matching DAC/AMP combo. No complaints if it exceeds :D Did anyone review this anywhere? It looks like this amp has been out for months.
  15. Googolbyte

GUSTARD H16 Balanced Headphone Amplifier

That's what I figured, which is why I was mildly triggered by this guy, I apologize.
  16. Googolbyte

I'm getting to know you now aren't I? You're a dick, end of. :)
  17. Googolbyte

Don't be a dick. The only reason I haven't gotten topping stuff is because they're priced a wee bit higher than I like. At this point, with all these "instrument grade" dacs/amps around, I just want a two piece matching set that looks nice on my desk that won't rape my wallet.
  18. Googolbyte

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I messed with the volume and it didn't do anything. Turns out it was just a really weird USB port. I now have perfect outputs; it maxes out but never reports clipping. Nope! I didn't have Peace installed on that specific USB port so now its reporting the clipping again. How weird. Anyway -3 or...
  19. Googolbyte

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Has anyone had any issues with clipping? I started up Peace Equalizer APO and, without messing with the EQ, saw that some of the songs I listen to clip just barely. When I ticked the "Prevent Clipping", it went down 3DB and has since not clipped. If anyone else with Peace installed on their...
Top Bottom