Search results

1. Z

Audiophile hobby is a scam?

So you're telling me, that a HD820 sounds better tonality wise than a K371 for a fraction of the price? Are we sure about that "you get what you pay for" is really true?
  2. Z

Thought about it, right now I am not in the market for an IEM. If I will be though, I'll definately go for the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2!
  3. Z

What I am surprised about, is how many headphones sound off, I do not know how could someone listen to the 560S for example without any EQ for longer periods of time...its treble is literary irritating. I can see the use of a K712 PRO or HD560S in studio environment for example...but when it...
  4. Z

Hi Guys! Please help me understand, because I do not know If I am missing something, or the whole audiophile hobby is a scam. I have several headphones with different frequency responses (namely: AKG K712 PRO, Grado SR225i, Sennheiser HD559, Sennheiser HD560S, Audio-Technica AD700X, AKG K371)...
  5. Z

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Been thinking about the R70X, but I am going to stop where I am now I guess... :) I have 4 headphones and a headset now, also 3 dacs, and one standalone amp. :facepalm:
  6. Z

Welp, just got it. Only listened to a few tracks on my mobile phone. Tonality wise, it's flawless to my ears. I am very happy now! :) Waiting for an open back headphone that can reach as close to the Harman Curve (without EQ) as the k371 does. :)
  7. Z

I just ordered a k371. :eek: Hopefully I won't be dissapointed! :rolleyes:
  8. Z

Drop AKG K7XX Review (Headphone)

Just tried amirm's EQ settings with my k712 PRO, sounds quite good. :)
  9. Z

It's the most neutral, that is for sure.
  10. Z

Ouch...do you have a k712 PRO put aside for later review @amirm ? I suspect it might (just might) perform better.
  11. Z

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

AKG K712 PRO. :) Also Audio-Technica ATH-R70X.
  12. Z

Can we measure detail retrieval?

By detail retrieval I would mean the little nuances in the recording, for example when the singer inhales air, in the beginning seconds of the track, before singing (Sting - My funny Valentine) or when their lips are opened, before they start singing, or a little studio noise, etc. I would also...
  13. Z

Can we measure detail retrieval?

Hey guys! Thanks to you, I got my feet wet in the audio world, and I am having good sound quality, without spending a fortune. My current favorite headphone (which I own) is the k712 pro, which I quite enjoy (tonality wise it might not be the best, but I like the somewhat "airy" sound with the...
  14. Z

Need advice on "noise cancelling" gaming setup - Frankeinstein setup inbound!

Hey Guys! So I got quite down in the rabbit hole of audio world, but a new challenge arose. My environment is quite noisey, so I can only use my open headphones late in the evening, therefore for gaming right now I am using a Sennheiser GSP300. The passive noise isolation of this headphone is...
  15. Z

KTB vs Topping E30 listening tests

Did you listen sighted this time?
  16. Z

Duran Duran - Come Undone. It's really bright by default, on some headphones borderline unlistenable, on others it's literally unlistenable. Not particularly an audiophile track or high quality by any means, but the bright effect throughout the track could help. Be prepared for some real ear...
  17. Z

Topping A90 + low end DAC (D10s/E30)

I have used my FiiO e10k as a DAC with my JDS LABS ATOM AMP, before I got the ATOM DAC, and the sound quality was really good. @MrDice If I were you, I would buy the Topping A90, and would just use the FiiO e10k as a DAC, until you can afford the D90 DAC.
  18. Z

The ATOM AMP has two inputs (3.5 mm jack, and RCA). So the setup goes as follows: FiiO e10k line out -> jack to jack cable ->3.5 mm jack input of the ATOM AMP ATOM DAC -> RCA to RCA cable -> RCA input of the ATOM AMP In my OS and in TIDAL the volume is set to max, the ATOM AMPs volume pot is...
  19. Z

Please keep us posted about your findings. I have a FiiO e10k hooked up (as a DAC) to my ATOM AMP, and also an ATOM DAC...listening to some orchestral music with my AD700X on Tidal. Sighted listening, volume matched, can't notice a single difference between the e10k and the Atom DAC.
Top Bottom