Search results

1. Corock

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Nemophila Another amazing Japanese female metal band
  2. Corock

Best sources for purchasing FLAC Files

7digital and HD Tracks are the two vendors that I use
  3. Corock

So basically all daps are worthless shit?

I have a Sony DAP. It's a fraction of the size and weight of my cell phone, and people can't call, text or email on it. So I find it very purposeful.
  4. Corock

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Spiritbox. A metal band from Victoria, BC, Canada that many have named band of the year and their debut Eternal Blue as album of the year. The front woman Courtney LaPlante has a beautiful singing voice, but also does harsh screaming with the best of them. The song writing, both musically and...
  5. Corock

Are you a gamer/gamer's dad? - Share your favorite video games...

Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox Series X and Thrustmaster driving rig
  6. Corock

Subwoofer hum ground loop issue?

just need the right cable
  7. Corock

Subwoofer hum ground loop issue?

This did the trick for me
  8. Corock

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

The paradigm Millenia One CT 2 multimedia system originally retailed for $950 CDN. It has been discontinued and can be purchased new through Gibby's Electronics directly or through Amazon.ca for $399 CDN, that's a 58% discount...
  9. Corock

Audyssey Room EQ Review

I would highly recommend reading this tutorial. It will explain a lot about how, what, where, when and why of eq. The knowledge in here will set you in the right direction because ultimately only you know what is most pleasing. It's title suggest its only about bass, but it actually addresses...
  10. Corock

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

You shouldn't use pre-amp in the receiver; that receiver does not have the ability to shut off only some of the internal amps. Configure the receiver speakers settings to your setup, that way all the pre-outs and speakers terminals will be hot. Just use the pre-outs to connect all the speakers...
  11. Corock

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

use the receiver to power the Atmos speakers and pre-out to the rest
  12. Corock

Denon AVR-X6700H AVR Review (Updated)

Just received my Middle Atlantic face plate for the X6700H that I spec'd out for them, so they should have it available in their inventory now.
  13. Corock

I wouldn't say it's ignored. Your subs can never be in phase with the mains at all frequencies, so the technology you quote must be picking one of the frequencies for you (80hz?). If however, an audiophile has sub(s) with variable phase then they have control over what frequency is in phase...
  14. Corock

Battle of S/PDIF vs USB: which is better?

I have a question regarding the usb resolution vs optical resolution on my Denon DA-USB300. When I am stream Ultra HD from Amazon using optical it will go up to 192KHz, but if I switch to USB it will only go up to 48Khz. The Denon DAC specs to 192KHz/32bit so I'm not sure why when connected by...
  15. Corock

Audyssey Room EQ Review

Been playing with Audyssey in my new Denon AVR-X6700H and built two house curves with Ratbuddyssey, one with 3db boost and one with 10db boost. I've noticed that those boosts still exist even if Audyssey is turned off. I doubled checked and there is no other difference between my preset 1 and...
  16. Corock

SVS subwoofers

I have two PB13-Ultras and really like them. I use them for HT mainly as their ported design allows them to go quite low. They were replaced in my music system by the 21" sealed DIY sub in my avatar. I did have an issue where the gain seemed to jump up a level on one of them. I used to have...
  17. Corock

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Amazon Canada Denon AVR-X4700H regular $2299 on sale for $1,999 https://www.amazon.ca/Denon-AVR-X4700H-Ultra-Channel-Receiver/dp/B089Y5KMFQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=QZHVR1F35CLO&dchild=1&keywords=denon+avr-x6700h&qid=1604943764&sprefix=denon%2Caps%2C233&sr=8-4 They have the 6700H back up to $3,499 after...
  18. Corock

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

On my 6700 the HDMI control function was on by default and sometimes I would get audio and sometimes I wouldn't, and even when I did the subs would not be on. As soon as I turned HDMI control off in the video settings the audio worked properly.
  19. Corock

I never use Dynamic EQ or Dynamic Volume, unless its late at night and I need to turn things way down to not disturb my wife. I would never have them on to do a listening test. I’m also interested in seeing IRL how effective the Audyssey LFC is in containing the bass. For some movies I have...
  20. Corock

Once I move the Denon 6700 permanently into my HT rack and purchase another amp for the Marantz I’ll then be able to compare that AV7005 to the Denon 4308ci that’s currently powering 4 Paradigm Studio 60’s. I currently don’t find that Denon/Paradigm set up bright at all.
Top Bottom