Search results

1. N

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

The remote does not turn on/off the unit though...
  2. N

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

Thank You for the response. It's purely for stereo duty. However is there a audible different between 826 and 926 ? If not very big then i can possibly stay with 826. I can't audition both together
  3. N

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

Thank you for the post. Between 800 Chora and 900 Aria series is there a way you can describe the difference. I can audition 900 Aria series but cannot do any home auditions.Iam inclined to 806 BS or 826 FS given that its may be better to skip 816 FS ,2.5 way
  4. N

Discrete Class A preamplifier - is this the output stage ?
  5. N

Why are preamps so expensive?

On the lookout for a remote volume control with active pre (to set input output gains if possible ),XLR,/Rca combo to sit inbetween dac (Ares2) and Power amp (PA5- has no remote).In future would move to purifi power amp. Freya S and Gustard P26 in the shortlist. Pre90 is awesome but the input...
  6. N

Recommended DIY Preamp

Will this buffer serve this pupose : I have a DAC and Power Amp with XLR connector. The plan is to introduce a XLR in/out preamp inbetween DAC and Power Amp for remote volume control via this active preamp I have a RCA based preamp . Is there a XLR in/out drop in module that you can point me...
  7. N

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

PA 5 set at zero volume but faint music heard from both speakers.Any folks have a similar situation. @JohnYang1997 or Topping team.Request your guidance
  8. N

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

Any folks using Topping PA5 with Diamond 12.2 can share their thoughts on this combo.
  9. N

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Is it better to use a preamp between a dac and Power amp ? Iam using Ares2 dac balanced output to pa5.
  10. N

Superb and very usable insights . How is the P26 remote .Does it move smoothly? My setup denon DNP to Ares2 to Pa5. I need remote so planning for P26 inbetween ares2 and pa5
  11. N

Good to know. Iam undecided between P26 and Freya S . Just to get a remote operation and XLR and rca inputs i need one of these
  12. N

CD Player / Transport with Digital Out

Thanks.Does the coax out from the entry level dvd player have more jitter compared to stand alone cd transports ? . But I guess the external clock in dac will reclock and take care of the jitter Also from the ASR forum i infer amazon basic cables can do the job . What does the mechanical...
  13. N

CD Player / Transport with Digital Out

Does this mean a entry level dvd player with coax out can do the same job as the stand alone CD transport ?
  14. N

Thanks.Infact iam buying just for remote capability and to connect purifi power amps in the future.
  15. N

Is the Gustard P26 remote volume step up / step down reasonably smooth ie it does not jump up/down too fast.Thanks.
  16. N

Denafrips Ares II + Topping Pre90 impedance issue

Sharing the info as it may help other folks.As specs are subject to change do visit mfr website to verify before buying. Preamp options: Option 1 Ares 2 to Freya S to PA5 Option 2 Ares 2 to Gustard A26 to PA5 Ares2 output impedance XLR 1250 Ω to Freya- S input impedance 10K ; Freya-S...
  17. N

Thank You for sharing. I dont use headphones .So i can just consider Gustard A26 or Gustard H16
  18. N

Oh ok. I need XLR . The Ares2 XLR out to Preamp XLR in.So i guess Pre90 and A90D may cause issues. So need to consider between Gustard A26 or H16 or Freya S
  19. N

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/denafrips-ares-ii-topping-pre90-impedance-issue.34939/ As per this post there is a isuue
Top Bottom