Search results

1. E

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

Agree that profit is the main objective, and best way to achieve long term profitability is by consistently delivering quality products. Private equity is more interested in short term profits as they typically don’t own assets long term. The incentive structure of PEs motivate them to cut...
  2. E

Naim is now owned by a private equity firm, which typically prioritizes profit.
  3. E

A few did try to ask on the Naim forum. Unfortunately their posts were quickly deleted by admin.
  4. E

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Try turn the volume to 94, this will give you roughly a 2v RCA / 4v XLR output
  5. E

i have had mine for a month, no such issues
  6. E

Matrix Audio Mini-i 3 and Mini-i Pro 3

are you saying the sound quality is much worse than the SMSL M400?
  7. E

Anyone know what sort of volume setting would result in a 2V RCA output?? thanks
  8. E

thank you, this is very helpful
  9. E

how are you finding the sound quality connecting directly to the power amp? based on the reviews I have read, whilst the DAC in the SU-9 is great, not much has been written about the pre-amp
  10. E

has anyone used this as a preamp into a power amp for a living room system? would be very interested in learning how you finding it
  11. E

Best value streamer with no DAC

thanks Anon - any recommendation on OS for the RP4? thanks
  12. E

Best value streamer with no DAC

about to pull the trigger on a Raspberry Pi 4, but have a few questions that would appreciate help on 1) I mainly listen to Roon (Tidal) and Spotify - do both work on a RP4? 2) I plan to buy this set - is that the right one...
  13. E

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

Yes that’s what I meant. Sorry about the typo. So if only intend to use a DAC as a source, the low impedance isn’t really an issue then right?
  14. E

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

so the Lowe what is the typical output value for modern Dacs?
  15. E

WolfX700 Measurements of Topping Pre90/Ext90 Preamplifier/ Extender

hi John I intend to buy the Pre90 to use in my living room hifi system. Streamer will be a Lumin u1 mini - is that output impedance okay? secondly, is there a particular type of power amp that would work the best with Pre90? I intend to pair it with a Naim 250DR power amp. Thanks
  16. E

Devialet Expert 200 Amplifier, DAC and Streamer Review

This is very strange. The returned unit’s dashboard looks better than the failed unit, yet Amirm doesn’t bother testing again? Why?
Top Bottom