Search results

1. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

Here is what Troels writes: Following the Audio Note path, I also came across the review of the Audionote AN-E Lexus Signature and this is interesting reading: http://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/506an/index.html. First of all the claimed sensitivity of 98 dB (!) turns out to be 92.5...
  2. DanielT

Audio Note speakers

About the same same design principle. Two-way speakers, both with eight inch bass drivers, roughly the same type of baffle BUT in Snell's case it is done right in the bass area, no bass boost but a nice FR: https://www.stereophile.com/content/snell-type-eiii-loudspeaker-measurements For the...
  3. DanielT

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I'm only saying PA stuff, which are made to play at high SPL for longer periods of time. However, the disadvantage may then be that they automatically do not sound so good at lower or let's say normal or even high listening volumes (compared to good HiFi speakers such as the KEF R11). I know a...
  4. DanielT

Audio plugins, DSP software that imitates the sound character of some Reel-to-Reel Tape Recorders

Speaking of tape players. According to Andy Edwards, this is the beginning of what we today consider HiFi. Or you could say that with these tape recorders the technical possibilities and recording quality was greatly increased and thus there was a demand to create better home HiFi systems. The...
  5. DanielT

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Thanks for the test Amir! :) KEF R11 seem to be really nice speakers. Exactly what I can't do with my vintage Tannoy coax, play loud that is. My Tannoy T 225 Mayfair cannot handle a lot of power and probably start to distort at higher volumes. Normal, 65-70 dB listening volume, however, is...
  6. DanielT

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

Good luck with your detective work. Damn cool speakers you've bought anyway. :D Or rather, half the speakers.
  7. DanielT

Might be a solution if they are of the same version as your bass modules? But why are they sold as separate units? Then you will have your red bass modules together with black top speakers. If you can live with the mismatch in colors? A professional painter can fix your top units in the same...
  8. DanielT

But didn't the seller just forget to send the top speakers/ or head unit as you call them? Did you pick them up physically from a seller? Or were they sent in packages? If in a package, maybe your head unit got lost in the package handling? The top speakers/unit are not exactly small so for the...
  9. DanielT

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

Speaking of which and to link back to what was discussed earlier in the thread. Ppataki built a pair of line speakers. A good build that certainly sounded good, these: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/murphys-corner-line-array-project.25983/page-6#post-1060487 But now he...
  10. DanielT

That's how it is with testing what the stuff can handle by pushing the pedal to the metal. It reveals things.:) Besides, it's something we men like to do regardless of the stuff being tested.:D:cool:
  11. DanielT

Hm, I wonder if dual bass drivers would reduce the problems that SBIR gives, first reflections,cancellation effects: Edit: I am stupid. Of course, I could just as easily use the FR10 as an example of my thoughts on double bass drivers::oops::) Considering various carpets, coffee tables and...
  12. DanielT

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

Sad, but you are on the right track now? Good luck fighting the alcohol craving. Maybe it has disappeared now? The cravings, that is.
  13. DanielT

Your vintage audio bargains. Show us pics.

The condominium association provides a storage room where we who are part of the association have the opportunity to place and pick up stuff for free. A good recycling idea I think.:) Now I found these in storage. Plus speaker cable with banana plugs. I'll hook up the speakers later today. I...
  14. DanielT

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Okay. I hadn't read the whole thread. Just got curious about the phenomenon. The reason for it arose.:) For another thread, a theoretically knowledgeable person is welcome to explain the phenomenon in general. Then describe the energy required to make an object move with frequency X at distance...
  15. DanielT

McIntosh Transformer causing noise in speakers while disconnected.

Exciting this.:) It's just a matter of trying to find the source. Mix more speakers into the whole thing and experiment with them. Preferably one more amp. Experiment with different combinations. Move the stuff around physically and see what happens, change rooms, change houses and test. All to...
  16. DanielT

Swedish composer becomes Spotify’s most-famous musician you’ve never heard of

I wonder how many of the songs mentioned in my initial post in the thread are nowadays created by AI? I mean listen to the examples in #3. That is generic music that an AI can create.
  17. DanielT

Welcome to ASR.:) Probably OT for this thread, but still: This was discussed quite intensively for a few weeks six months ago. I don't really know what it led to. Spotify denied the accusations: Spotify strikes back: "Hearsay" Denies the information about money laundering Spotify hits back...
  18. DanielT

I took a song from one of the names mentioned in the first article. Typical relaxation music: Another song from another "artist" mentioned in the first article. Sounds the same:
  19. DanielT

AI and Future of Music Production

Next step. Spotify fixes AI generated generic relax songs: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/swedish-composer-becomes-spotify%E2%80%99s-most-famous-musician-you%E2%80%99ve-never-heard-of.53141/#post-1920643
  20. DanielT

Fascinating what is most listened to these days: Johan Röhr’s 2,700 songs have been streamed 15bn times and have more plays than Britney Spears or Abba. A “secret” composer who has released music under hundreds of different names has been identified as Sweden’s most-listened-to artist on...
Top Bottom