1. F

Humbly presenting my DIY.

Thankyou Jazzman & D!isco..
  2. F

Thanks Matt..;)
  3. F

Yes I did consider they come from the same factory, just a different door...
  4. F

Thank you kind Sir...
  5. F

The x/o was designed using xsim, fairly simplistic by design, I really wanted to use the 4" driver from the same set. but it didnt integrate as well on paper. Overall these cheap drivers are well made and perform well above there cost category and should not really be dismissed if the law of...
  6. F

Thank you I have finished them..the faux aluminium frames show slightly through the cloth as I had hoped..Overall I,m happy with the outcome..
  7. F

The bass and low mid grilles took longer than I thought..Frames finished, Now the uppers.
  8. F

Yeah I will paint them eventually, Probably still gray though.. The drivers are Chinese, sold here under the "response" label, I guess because they do have some..LOL.. together they do a great job for the price, even if they do take a little more horsepower than I would like to use.. I should...
  9. F

Another burst of rnergy with my build.. They are still primer gray. but I have started on the grilles...
  10. F

HDD Noise getting through system to Subs only ?..

Ah, I thought it was the Amp too, but I have 2 identical class D, and if I swap the inputs cables and all, the problem stays with the sub, and its passive. the problem only dissappears if i turn off the AIO. What confuses me is why its only the sub thats affected regardless of the config. Ive...
  11. F

Why a completely flat response is what we all want in listening audio equipment

I love this thread, I propose somebody does a survey of AK . Thread title should read, " Show us your curves" A simple smoothed to 1/6 or 1/3, at the listening position , the only other variable should be your age...LOL. Then someone correlate the responses on a decade by decade basis.. Genre of...
  12. F

Ahh yes I understand, thank you.. Ill have to switch back to the lappy SSD, Damn too small a capacity...Maybe I could drop a cap across the subs being passive and just filter it out... Its only noticeable at night when its quiet and I don't want to wake the war office...I thought it might be the...
  13. F

Only happened when I swapped out the SSD Lappy to a HDD all in one.. Its got me stuffed.. The Setup is.. AIO , HDMI Flacs out, to Marantz 1509, 1509 drives the uppers of the towers, MTM. Piggy back Line out to Behringer A800 for low mid and woof.. Yes the towers are 5 way... 1509 Subs L & R out...
  14. F

What are we listening to right now..

Daboa- From the Gekko. A good one for sound-stage & Imaging, Interesting music too..
  15. F

A bit of goofing around with measures, furniture and a small component swap in the x/o Ive settled on the noise I like, It looks like this, didn't like it flat ..And I dont know whats going on in sub 20 region, i hear a little port farting before I hear noise, Ill address that. but all in all...
  16. F

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Green tree frog, interrupting a conversation.. it had no real opinion, "on the fence" so to speak...
  17. F

Thankyou kind Sir...
  18. F

FNQGuy: "No, Im well beyond any kind of help". o_O, unless your name is Sigmund Freud...
  19. F

I like the idea of the xo being in its own airtight cubby, so I could alter it on the fly so to speak. So it evolved from that requirement. Inductors wound by hand, fairly unique values were required no available locally.:)
  20. F

3 to 4 hours a day for six months, so If I had to put a cost on that you would have to move the decimal point at least one place to the right..But we do this shit because we enjoy it don't we, ?..:). No shop, built them in the garage, sometimes in the living room, that didn't win me any Brownie...
Top Bottom