Search results

1. Bimbleton

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Got a question — after plugging my LCR’s into the upcoming Buckeye amp, will I need to re-run Audyssey and recalibrate everything? And should I expect big volume differences in the AVR trims (since 8 surround channels will still come off of AVR)?
  2. Bimbleton

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Changing my vote to authentic coat hanger-metal binding posts
  3. Bimbleton

If all is the same, safety, conductance etc, then right looks classier. Vote right.
  4. Bimbleton

How do your Revels sound with the 502? Pleased with the sound quality?
  5. Bimbleton

Yeah, I think I’ll defer to what Dylan recommends. Thanks!
  6. Bimbleton

I was just worried about the input sensitivity from my Denon X3700H — read that there may be issues outputting beyond 1.4V, and the 502 amp needs 2+V for max output.
  7. Bimbleton

Is the NC252mp 4 channel fine for running a Revel speaker front stage (C208, 226be’s)? Got 4 surrounds and 4 atmos that will be running off a Denon receiver. Small/Medium room, and all speakers crossed with 2 subs. Previously nearly everything except 2 atmos was run off the receiver. Hopefully...
  8. Bimbleton

How to correct seat-seat variation?

OP here. You know what, some of the ~100Hz issues ended up being phase alignment issues. Didn’t realize phase alignment differs seat to seat for certain frequencies. Messing with the distances yielded the graph above. I’m happy with it!
  9. Bimbleton

Unfortunately I don’t have a MiniDSP, and don’t know how to convert delays to “feet” as Denon calculates it.
  10. Bimbleton

Revel C208 or C205 for my specific room size.. Help!

I owned a C25, and recently upgraded to a C208. It’s a wonderful change. The thing I most noticed was that the C25 didn’t have enough heft in the low end to balance the detailed upper treble in my setup. As a result, it either sounded thin and slightly sibilant (if Audyssey corrected to 20K...
  11. Bimbleton

Alright this may be the best that I can do. Did some more tinkering and got a slightly more even response across 3 seats (Psychoacoustic smoothing) while avoiding chestiness. Dynamic EQ 5 and Dynamic Volume Light are both engaged in these measurements, because I always have both of these...
  12. Bimbleton

Hello, I’ve got a Revel C208 crossed over at 60Hz. Center is about ~6inches away from the wall, with some 2” foam panels covering the wall behind the center. Seating is a three seat couch. Audyssey is limited to only correcting until 80Hz on the center — the reason is, any further correction...
  13. Bimbleton

Revel C208 owners - recommended settings

Hullo, New owner of C208. Was wondering, if anyone else owns a C208: — could you post your REW frequency response, including the subwoofer? — how far in the frequency range do you correct it? — I’ve found that if I correct the low 100’s Hz, dialogue starts to sound nasally/honky. Have you...
  14. Bimbleton

Adjusting Speaker+Sub as a single unit

All of this is correct, I just don’t think this feature exists. I reran Audyssey and after flattening out my sub curve and leaving the channel levels untouched, it sounds pretty good! Problem solved. Thanks all.
  15. Bimbleton

Adjusting Speaker+Sub as a single unit

Hello, A bit of a complicated issue. The question is: on a Denon receiver, what settings will allow me to change the balance of a speaker+sub as a single channel? The goal is to have the sum L+R response roughly equivalent to Center. Clarification: I would like the sum response of the...
  16. Bimbleton

Excluding a speaker from Audyssey Correction

The issue is, the lowest limit I can set for Audyssey correction is 80Hz; cannot go lower than that. Annoying! Wish I could just exclude a speaker.
  17. Bimbleton

Excluding a speaker from Audyssey Correction

Hello, Recently got a Revel C208 Center and a second HSU VTF2. Spent much time correcting all the speakers to something that looked good (see pic). Surprise! The center sounded horrible -- way too much bass in dialogue, everyone sounded like they had a cold. When I disabled Audyssey altogether...
  18. Bimbleton

90% Movies, Corner Loading Room - which sub?

Okay how do I figure out sub placement. Or is there a particular YouTube video to explain this?
  19. Bimbleton

I went with a matching HSU VTF-2 and a screaming deal on a C208 with our local Revel dealer. I’m so excited! Now to figure out if I need a mini-DSP, DIRAC for the DSP… maybe I’ll just try placement + Mult-EQ X to start. Can’t wait!!
  20. Bimbleton

Not a chance in hell my wife would allow randomized sub placement
Top Bottom