Search results

1. Scrivs

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

One other thing— my SU-9, Topping E30, and Modi 3 while sounding fine don’t exude the physical quality, and excellent engineering choices that my ADI-2 DAC represents. Only quibble is the menu system. That too has been addressed by the Remote app. Rad.
  2. Scrivs

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Call me a fanboy, but I value a well-engineered device which includes consistent, useful, reliable firmware that is indefinitely iterated, and utility maximized. The ADI Remote software is one such example. They didn’t HAVE to expend the resources on something that the end user receives...
  3. Scrivs

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

I realize I'm a bit late to the party, but the "enable" pin (P102, pin2) must be connected to power the board. Hope you're enjoying it, pretty rad modules (harvested mine out of a $60 Vocopro FA-500).
  4. Scrivs

Poll for SMSL ES9039 DAC Owners

The name SU-X should have been a dead giveaway :cool::)
  5. Scrivs

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

Thank you so much for generous the sharing of your knowledge, and most importantly- time! Read the entire post, which, in turn, has motivated me to dust off my dusty old RPI 4, and various chapeaus! Thank you brotha, rad!!
  6. Scrivs

Sabaj a20a 2022 inside

Thanks dude, always appreciate a good amplifier gut-shot
  7. Scrivs

"Micro Bamboo Project" : 3E Audio 260-2-29A Stereo amplifier + Micro-Audio PSU

@daniboun Nice project. Well thought out and executed. I appreciate all of your positive contributions to the forum. I also admire your unrelenting passion for the topic/hobby. Bravo!
  8. Scrivs

Aiyima A07/ A07 Max OP Amps The Same?

Uh huh. the "real" Perun probably has a different, empirically backed, Powerpoint stance on this:cool:
  9. Scrivs

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Daniboun, I applaud you for your ongoing/unrelenting enthusiasm, and unbridled passion you bring to the forums. You remind me of Maty’s more well-behaved big brother. That is all. *Apologies for the unsolicited, random O.T. Need to give credit where it’s due
  10. Scrivs

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

Maty, You have provided me with hours of entertainment on this here forum, and I thank you for that. I admire your unique mix of enthusiasm/tenacity, and personally feel you're a well intentioned chap, with a lot to contribute, and I'm grateful for that:) However, methinks if you let the ole...
  11. Scrivs

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

Yes, the user manuals, and FCC certification enclosures/documentation indicates TRS outputs. Nowhere in the user manual (or from internal photos) is there any indication of, or facilities for DSP. D90 III, different story. I'm more than satisfied 3 years on with my $750/used (AK4490) RME...
  12. Scrivs

My Simple 4x4 Channel Modification For MiniDSP OpenDRC-DI

I can’t help your posts to be not only RAD, but I find the the way you convey information, and your willingness to share really refreshing. Thanks Troy!!
  13. Scrivs

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

Looks to be extremely similar, if not identical to a Dayton branded board (KAB-2150) that I bought last year as it was: reasonably priced- $40. Those living in the lower 48 get free shipping with orders above a reasonable threshold ($50??) Hawaii tax/AKA shipping came to almost 50% of what the...
  14. Scrivs

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

This. Also, those “Discrete OPA” — Those bloody dogs-breakfast looking silicon towers. More like Daughterboards Poking up like mini rf rx/tx/ antenna Adding not only to the BOM, but also the complexity of signal. And perhaps most importantly the potential for unforeseen interactions...
  15. Scrivs

Drummers you can't mistake

Jimmy Chamberlin. Specifically on Gish, and Siamese Dream.
  16. Scrivs

SVS Prime Wireless Pro vs Kali LP6

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-contacted-svs-about-getting-their-speakers-measured.46411/#post-1655679
  17. Scrivs

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

100% my current use case, works great for what I need. Admittedly not a fan of the 15VAC wall wart, but for the pittance they sell ‘em for, glad I kept my $ in ‘murica!
  18. Scrivs

KEF R3 meta Measurements

OP— Only now got round to reading your well thought-out, intelligent and logical presentation on the R3 Meta. Just wanted to belatedly thank you, and and give you the props you deserve for your allocation of time and resources in providing much needed datapoints And thanks to everyone else...
  19. Scrivs

Hypex DIY Preamplifier Kit Review

I still can’t get past the four-figure asking price given its limited functionality. As to future add-on cards, the idea of it’s price ballooning with said cards makes this “diy” (assembly, ikea style without pricing reflected as such) beyond a non-starter for myself. All my power amps are...
Top Bottom