Search results

1. T

Arcam AV40 AV Processor Review

What is the distortion from John and Ripewave? Seems excessive when compared to RMC-1? Would be be a fail by Amir? I think I've only seen this when testing speaker distortion.
  2. T

Struggle replacing Old AVR - tried RZ50, 4800h, and Cinema 70 - what now?

Consider trying an Arcam. You may find it at a reduced price as an open-box item at Best Buy. You can take advantage of the extended holiday return policy to try it out for a month. This might be a good option if you’re not satisfied with the sound quality of certain music genres. I couldn't get...
  3. T

Arcam power amplifiers

Yep saw that, PA240 considered 4th gen though?
  4. T

Arcam power amplifiers

Kinda curious how it looks when it switches to the high rail and if it impacts the dynamics, etc.
  5. T

Arcam power amplifiers

Did this ever get reviewed?
  6. T

Yes, strange the AV10 allows this but I don’t believe any other Marantz AVR models allow this.
  7. T

DACs ability to to bring out lower details? Not sure on bias part. Maybe a 3rd party and review my audio forum journey over the years lol
  8. T

We can beat around the bush all day, but I think it’s something with the Denon and Marantz preamp section. I tried external amps on my SR8015 and analog inputs hoping for a little different sound and didn’t get to where I wanted to be. If your not happy, some times it best to let go and just...
  9. T

Yep, sorry I’m just veryyy picky when it comes to my audio. Some don’t care as much lol
  10. T

You just have to listen very carefully and try different songs and switch AVRs quickly. It not that hard to find a Best Buy to do this. Give and SPL meter. Focus on the detail and clarity. Listen to specific instruments and not everything at once. Once you hear it, you’ll know. To me to sounds...
  11. T

I wonder if Denon and Marantz changed their signature/house sound at some point. When I previously compared the X4700 to the SR7015, there were differences but both had a similar house sound. I thought my old Denon 2808 sounded good but wasn’t completely happy with the SR8015. Today I compared...
  12. T

I agree but just a bit disappointed. I’m not really sure how to read measurements to tell if I’ll like a processor or AVR? Was the SR8015 too dynamic? Is that why I had issues with subtle details, like ocean waves in the background or wind? Dynamic EQ helped lifting the quiet details but then...
  13. T

I sold my SR8015 and bought an Arcam AV40 then upgraded the board to HDMI 2.1 Still building it out, but out of box with a cheap amp, it’s sound great. Rarely hear someone say a Denon sounds better than an Arcam. Usually they just say Denon has more features, measures better, and is more...
  14. T

Arcam AV40 HDMI 2.1 Upgrade?

I upgraded my AV40 with the 2.1 board. What’s the ESS reference voltage regulator suppose to do? For the DACs?
  15. T

Would be nice but, not sure it’s dynamic enough? Also read some say it sounds like it’s out of phase? Not sure if that’s the 2 channel or the 7 channel… Appears it ramps up the power like a “turbo” but no turbo lag? Gotta love marketing speak. Curious about hypex nilai for music and HT amp…looks...
  16. T

Thank you, the efficiency is 87 dB (4 Sonus Faber Toy Towers), so they are less than my previous Def Tech BP7000SC. I don't think I'll go active and just use DIRAC. 95% of the time I probably just need a 3-channel amp, but I can move things to make a temp 7.1+ setup. I'll probably end up getting...
  17. T

I replaced an Marantz SR8015 with an Arcam AV40 which has the HDMI 2.1 upgrade. Per the manual, Arcam’s standard gain is 31db… I’m I best finding and amp with higher gain with this processor? Looking at a Rotel but its gain is only 26.6db. Are the Acram AV40 preouts strong enough?
  18. T

Dirac Live Bass Management?

Can we email here to request a trial too?
Top Bottom